Chapter 8 | Fist Pump

I'll let you guys know when to start playing this song later on in the chapter.

•.•.•.•

E

"Is dad gonna be going this time?" I asked as I watched my mom run around looking for her keys.

She hesitated and said, "he said that he was going to try" ultimately, I already knew that he wasn't going to make it. A small part of me was happy, happy that I didn't have to gush out my feelings to a stranger in front of my dad, who would just end up saying he overdramatic I am. I haven't been at school for a week, really no reason I just genuinely didn't want to go. It had also been a week since I had last seen Ophélia. That girl was a mystery to me, how she was bold enough to pin a guy to a wall but also cautious enough to not push someone beyond their limits. Like when she grabbed my hand, she didn't put too much pressure. It's almost as if she knew I would back away if she put too much pressure, too much too soon would freak me out, something I'll admit I wasn't proud of.

"Where's Grayson? I told him how important this is-" I cut my mom off by saying, "he's with Faye." My mom gave me a look that was filled with pity and anger. I wasn't stupid or naive to not see this coming. Ever since the moment we got together he was determined to take her from me. Guess he finally for what he wanted.

Once my found her keys she gave me a nod towards the door for us to leave.

•.•.•.•

I unintentionally shook when I heard the therapists door open, revealing my very flustered father. I heard my mom scoff beside me and she asked him, "where have you been, I told you a specific time-" my dad quickly cut him off, "I got held up at work alright?" His stern voice might've been able to scare off any other normal person, but not my mom. She didn't scare easily, especially from my dad. We both already knew where he was. With his lovely assistant of course. I'm not quite sure why my mom was still with him if she knew what was going in. Cheaters disgusted me.

My dad, disgusted me.

•.•.•.•

I saw the look on my therapists face when my dad exited the room, to answer a "very important" call. I could hear my mom sigh next to me when she said, "maybe we should just start." She looked to me for confirmation and I simply shrugged my shoulders. My dads always done this, when ever something had to do with me he always found some excuse to leave the room.

And he wouldn't come back.

"Alright well why don't you tell me why you guys have come here today." The therapists smile made me feel nauseous. She didn't have a disgusting smile, it just seem so rehearsed, like she always uses it to try and make her patients "safe" or "comfortable", but it was honestly making me feel the exact opposite.

•.•.•.•

"Alright so is it just anger issues or-" what was once a quiet room, now felt by a war zone. All thanks to my dad. His voice was quick to cut off the therapists when he said, "it's only anger issues." She seemed startled by his deep and threatening voice, but I was waiting for it. I was waiting for him to claim that his son is fine. I was waiting for him to say that nothing was wrong with our family. That everything was fine.

I was just about done.

I shot up from my seat and got in his face as I said an anger filled, fuck you.