Chapter 19 | In one week

DO ANY OF YOU WATCH SHAMELESS? OH. MY. GOD. MIKEY AND IAN ARE MY FUCKING POWER COUPLE I LOVE THEM SO MUCH AHHH THATS THEM ABOVE. Okay I'm done lol.

UNEDITED SORRY

O

"... He's a really great guy... Met him at the wedding... Invited me to Miami... I know you'd like him Ophélia."

I screamed as I tore the already crumbled up paper. I flung it towards a picture of me & my mom when I was little. Why would I allow myself to be this naive? I knew better than to think my mom would stick around, I just got so used to the idea of her being home when ever I'd get back from school, I just got used to the idea of her.

Why does everyone leave me?

Why can't people just stay in my
life & not budge?

Why do I always end up alone.

Once the tears began running down my face there was no stopping them. I hated being alone & yet somehow that's always how I would end up. I have no family, no friends, not even Ethan.

Ethan.

God I would give anything just to get that image of Ethan injecting himself with that needle out of my mind for good.

He'll kill himself.

But it wasn't like I didn't know that already. I know he never got arrested, but he did get put away. There's more to him than what you first see. I couldn't be around him despite my heart reaching its arms towards him.

This Sunday will be a year. Are you ready?

Of course I'm not going to be fucking ready. When I imagined the day it would be a year, I thought my mom would be here, intoxicated or not, but she wasn't. She was in Miami having the time of her life when her sons life was over. Dakota was dead long before he killed himself, he was just waiting to pick the date for the time of death. I looked up from my fetal position on the floor towards the clock to see it was almost 4 in the afternoon. I got up and grabbed my bag & made my way out the door and onto the subway, where I found Mikey on his phone. I came up from behind him & kissed his cheek, causing a, 'what the fuck' to escape his mouth.

"Oh shit thank god it was you I thought it was some cougar or an old guy." I chuckled and rapped my arms around his waist as he put his arm over my shoulder. I whispered, "I missed you." I felt his chest vibrate when he chuckled and he said, "you just saw me a few days ago at the wedding." That was when I kept quiet. Talking about the wedding only made me remember Ethan & my mom. Mikey must've senses something was wrong since he brought his mouth down to my ear and said, "I saw your mom leave with some guy that night." I let out a sour scoff. "How come you left so early?" I shrugged my shoulders causing Mikey to let out an irritated sigh. We sat down with our arms still rapped around each other when I finally said, "I found Ethan doing heroine. He still had the needle in his arm when I opened the van door." I noticed Mikey's jaw clench & he began shaking his leg up and down once I mentioned Ethan & the heroine.

"Didn't know he was that type of guy." But he wasn't. I wanted to scream it. I know he smoked weed but that's all he would do, I didn't like it but it was better than the alternative that has now become a reality. When I saw Faye laying on the floor with some of his old friends injecting themselves I knew that Ethan didn't make that decision on his own. The moment Faye started talking to me about how wonderful Ethan was & how me & him would be good together or how I should come by her car since she wanted to give some of his old stuff back through me, I knew she was up to something. I would've forgave Ethan since it was so obviously a set up, but normally you would stop, but Ethan didn't. Once he was finished with one needle he went ahead and grabbed another one and injected himself again. It was all too familiar, way too familiar. That was why I was so nervous about Ethan hanging out with Zac, I knew something like this would happen. Even if it wasn't through Zac directly, Ethan was still exposed to this crap which made it more tempting.

"Yeah, me neither." Mikey held me tighter. He took out his phone & checked the date.

December 3rd.

It was only a week from today. A look of realization crossed Mikey's face one he read those numbers. "Is your mom gonna be home on Sunday?" I scoffed & said, "I don't know, probably not." Mikey sighed as he rested his head on mine. "You want me to be there with you?" I shook my head as I gripped his black hoodie tighter in my hand. "I'm gonna do it a little different, I'm gonna go to the club to give a piece I've been working on since he died." Mikey gave me a quiet 'ok' and he kissed my head softly. "Where are you headed to right now?" Should I tell him I'm gonna go see Rager because the nightmares are getting worse? "I'm just going to catch up with an old friend." Why did I have to lie to the ones I loved most. Mikey tensed a little and he stretched his arm out and ran his thumb over my forearm. "You're not meeting those 'old friends' right?" I shook my head and tucked my arm deeper into my charcoal denim jacket. "You can always talk to me Ophélia, always." I chuckled and said, "I know Mikey."

But maybe that's not such a good thing. Nothing like a friend burdening you with their problems.

Do you guys think it's weird to act this way with your best friend? I always act like this with my guy best friend lol. We're always hugging & saying 'love you' to each other. Idk I think it's normal lol we've known each other since the eighth grade & we're both now seniors. Do you guys act this way with your best friends or do you think it's weird?