Chapter 10 | I'm not as think as you drunk I am

•.•.•.•

E

It felt weird being so excited about going to school. Maybe it was the fact that I didn't have to be home, what ever the reason, I was pretty excited. I mean what else was I going to do? Stay home, like I had been doing the past few days, and wait for nothing? I'm not sure if I was planning on actually going to class, but I knew I wasn't staying in that god damn house for another second.

I used to love driving, whether it was to school, to the bank, or even the doctors. My father somehow ruined that for me. He was able to weasel his way into my love of driving into a hatred of it. He said most deaths are caused by drunk driving.

Drunk driving.

I was taken out of my thoughts once Ophélia's bright smile came into view. Sometimes it scared me how positive she could be, but also how serious she could be. Either way I was slightly happy to see her. Even though we hadn't talked since Saturday, I was still pretty happy she was here. Even if it was her spot.

"Well it's about time you got here." I said with a half smile. She chuckled as she took a seat next to me on the green faded couch. "What are you doing here so early?" When I didn't take the opportunity to answer right away, she asked another question, "I haven't really seen you going to school at all lately." The tone in her voice sounded like she was disappointed. She couldn't be disappointed, no one was disappointed about not seeing me.

"Just didn't really see the point of coming to school." Her eyes drifted to her hands as she shifted her body to face me. "What do you mean? You come to school to get an education and start a life for yourself." I scoffed at this.

"Why would I bother in a school where the administrators don't give a shit about me or my grades, the only reason I'm still going to this school is because my dad is one of the wealthiest men on the east coast." I was preparing for the long speech that I was about to be given, but when I turned my head back towards her, she was just staring at me, not in a shocked way but in a way where she was trying to figure out what to say. I wouldn't blame her, usually when I start talking about my dad I can get pretty into it.

"You don't have to give a shit about other people and their expectations of you. If you don't want to succeed for them than succeed for yourself."

*DING DING DING*

I let out an aggravated sigh at the tardy bell, somehow we had gotten so heated in our conversation that we failed to hear the start bell.

I got my stuff and began walking towards the school when Ophélia's voice stopped me, "you wanna do something after school?" I looked back to see a hopeful look on Ophélia's face.

I felt a half smile creep up on my lips as I said, "sure."

•.•.•.•

"We're gonna make it, you and I, we're gonna save the world tonight

"We're gonna make it, you and I, we're gonna save the world tonight."
-Swedish House Mafia

\\\

Authors note:
I'm sorry for the short chapters I've just been super lazy, especially since schools been beating my ass