Chapter 6 | Merry Way

•.•.•.•

E

You know those moments in your life, where you've hit rock bottom?

Well that is currently where I've found myself at.

I slowly opened my eyes, squinting at the sudden brightness. I had a faint memory of waking up to the same girl who had saved me from humiliation yesterday, only to knock out again. I looked around, trying to figure out where I was, when I realized that I was at the same spot that girl had brought me to.

"It's about time you woke up." I looked to my right to see the same girl leaning against the tree with two pudding cups in her hand.

"Here" she tossed me a pudding cup, ultimately landing straight on my head. I narrowed my eyes at her when she began giggling.

"Come on I thought football players were supposed to be quick with their hands." She seemed to have realized something because she shifted around uncomfortably. Was she that stupid or did she suffer from short term memory loss?

I slowly got on my feet. I could feel her gaze on me and quite honestly, it was starting to piss me off. I looked up and sure enough, her eyes were focused entirely on me. "What the hell are you looking at?" She had a smug smile on her face as she put the spoon of pudding in her mouth.

"I am looking," she began to walk towards me, "at a guy who was passed out in my spot" she put a hell of a lot of emphasis on, "my spot".

"So really, I'm the one who should be asking, what the hell are you doing in my spot?" I opened and closed my mouth, unsure of what to say. That was when her name finally came to my mind.

Ophélia.

What kind of parents would name their kid after a mental disorder?

"Fine, if you can't answer me than you have to take me for some coffee." Was this girl serious? There was no way in hell I would ever take her for coffee.

"I'm not taking you for coffee." She simply shrugged as she sat down cross legged on the faded green couch.

"Well, would you rather go get coffee or go over there." She pointed to the school, and I already knew my answer.

•.•.•.•

Somehow I ended up following a girl, that I hardly knew, around Connecticut. We had been walking for about twenty minutes. She was ahead of me by five feet as I followed behind like a lost fucking puppy. The only reason I'm still following her was because I had never been to this part of Connecticut. The scent of rain was beginning to fill the air. I looked up to see the sky now filled with dark clouds. I let out a frustrated sigh as I pulled my black hoodie over my head.

"Where the hell are we going? It's gonna start raining soon-" I was cut off by a strong force that had pushed me up against the wall. My eyes slightly widened when I realized that Ophélia had me pinned against the wall. I tried to get out from under her but she was surprisingly strong for her size. Than again I hadn't worked out the way I used to, which probably explained my slight weakness.

"Do you trust me?" I made a face of confusion. She really must be stupid. How on earth would I trust someone I hardly knew? Especially someone who had me pinned against a wall.