Chapter 2 | Bandages and Potato Chips

•.•.•.•

E

One week. I've been back all of one week and already, people were talking about me. I guess the story my parents decided to choose this time was that I got arrested, guess that'll do. Better than saying I went to spend the summer with my grandma, or I went to California with my cousins for two weeks or some shit.

At least this one seemed more like me right? The outsider of a posh little community.

"Ethan come inside!" My moms voice broke me out of my own head. I realized I had been sitting in my car for the past ten minutes, thinking about today's events. It's not that I wasn't expecting to get kicked off of the football team, because I was, I just didn't expect for my own twin brother to do it in front of everybody. People often said we were fraternal twins because we were so different.

But that girl. That girl that basically saved me from further humiliation. Why? I have no fucking clue. I had seen her around school before, but not very much. The times that I did see her she was by herself.

I could still hear their laughter in my head. My knuckles turned white as my grip tightened on the wheel. I could feel my ears starting to turn red from anger.

I got out of my car and walked up to my mansion of a home. I wouldn't even really call it a home, more like a freaking office building. My dad would always bring his high risk cases here, and since he was a lawyer, that's how we were able to afford this house.

As I walked in the familiar scent of old files and lemon smacked me right in the face.

"I don't want him here" I recognized that as my dads voice. I knew better than to be around him right now so I made my way up to my room. I closed my door shut and let out a relieved sigh and closed my eyes, letting sleep devour me.

hours
three •.• later

"Jamie he is your son for chrissakes the least you could do is get off your damn phone."

"Well if we hid the knives better this wouldn't have fucking happened, now I have to deal with the cover up story."

I did my best to pretend I was sleeping but all I wanted to do was stab my father in the back.

"Can you please, just hold his hand while I go call Grayson, make sure that he's alright?" My stomach dropped as Grayson's horrified face popped up in my head.

He was my little brother. I was supposed to protect him, and I didn't. Instead he had to live with the memory of his big brother in a pool of his own blood lying lifeless on the carpet.

My father probably gave a slight nod because I heard my mom walk out of the room, even though we both knew that he wasn't going to even look at me. I'll give her an A for effort though.

"You got the story right?" The more my father talked about "my story", the more I thought about Grayson and how he'd never forgive me, making me feel like i wanted to throw up.

So I did.

All over my dads shoes.