Chapter 28 | am I gay?

E

We didn't talk the entire car ride. The only sound that filled the silence were the tires sliding against the asphalt. I would glance at her every now & than to see her staring out the window aimlessly. Something happened, it was written all over her, especially Faye's face. I haven't talked to Grayson on whether Faye was going to press charges, but knowing her, she probably would. I could see Ophélia's eyes in the reflection of the window & I could tell that she had been crying. It was slight, but it was there. Once I drove into my drive thru I was sure that she thought I was going to drop her off based on the  slightly surprised look on her face.

Luckily, no one was home. Mom & dad were at a banquet & Grayson, well you already know where he's at. Somehow Ophélia already knew her way to my room, considering she's only been to my house once. Once we were in my room I felt my cheeks heat up. My room looked like a tornado hit. Before I could apologize for the mess, she uncovered one of my blank canvases. She turned to me with an exhausted look on her face. The splotches of blood on her clothes made me cringe.

"Let me get you some clothes." I went into my closet & grabbed an old lacrosse hoodie & some sweatpants. On my way out I could hear things being set on the floor.

Ophélia was still standing there.

Except now she was half naked.

I knew I had to look away but part of me didn't necessarily wanted to. I could hear her slowly approaching me. My face was still looking in the other direction but her finger set on my chin & pointed me towards her. The next words to come out of her mouth weren't the ones I was expecting.

"Draw me."

She didn't give me a chance to respond because she had already begun making her way towards my bed. She sat there with her back leaning against my headboard. That was when my eyes roamed her body. They went over every curve & imperfection on her body but still, all I could see was her. Not her body or her scars, it was just her.

Am I gay?

That thought left as quickly as it came. I slowly made my way over to my blank canvas, & began to draw my half naked best friend. But it was more than that. Something had happened & now wasn't the time to talk about it. She needed this more for herself than anything else at the moment. Once she lifted her leg up it was all self control, but nonetheless I finished the drawing.

It was simple, but it was also significant for the simple fact that it was her. Once I finished she wanted me to lay down with her. I was slightly uncomfortable but we fit like a glove once I engulfed her. Her body was cold, and her hands were trembling.

I could feel a wetness dripping on my arm.

"They're never coming back are they?" I sighed. No. They were never going to come back no matter how much they deserved to.

"No, they're not." She tightened her grip on my arm. She shifted her body until she was laying on my chest, gripping the hoodie I was wearing.

"When did we become so fucked up" I chuckled.

"I'm not quite sure."

"I'm sorry I dump all of my crap on you,"

"I feel like we never talk about you." That's just because I don't feel like having anything to talk about. I haven't had anything that's really made me question if i should stay here another second. I didn't respond, we just laid there until sleep eventually took over us.