Chapt. 29) Decision

~Elena's POV~
__________________________
It's been 3 weeks since my seizure and since I found out about the love Vincent had for me.

All my life I was raised learning that I was to be with my loving mate and ruling a pack. Protecting others, raising children and training the young pups.

So far my life hasn't really turned out the way I thought it would.

I'm stuck between two decisions. I can either leave with Vincent and rule with him or I can become a lone wolf. 

The first option sounded promising since I knew how Vincent really felt towards me but, the second one called to me the most.

I could be free of any hold against me. I wouldn't have to worry about loving someone other than my family and I. I could live my life free and easy.

Sighing I walked outside. I was finally released from the hospital last week and now all I do is 'heal'.

Everything I do I had to have Vincent by me. If I get a shower, he's outside the door. If I eat, he's sitting next to me. When I sleep he holds my hand as he lays on the ground next to my bed. I would be lying if I said that the pull hasn't been working... because it has. It gets so much harder everyday to keep myself sane.

Right now I'm alone outside. Vincent and Abel went to check patrols because of rogue sightings while I stayed in the house wearing one of Vincent's shirts. His scent helped my pain a little but it was still manageable.

I felt my hair fly against the wind. The crisp Autumn air filling my nostrils. This was my favorite time of year because of the leaves and the temperature. I love pumpkins, the crunch of leaves, transitioning cold drinks to hot ones. I'm not a fan of the summer it's too hot. I don't understand how some can just sit outside all day and bake.

Stepping down the stairs of the house, I made my way towards the green luscious grass. Laying down I closed my eyes.

All I could think about was my future. Would I be with Vincent? Would I be by myself? I really didn't know. I haven't had a vision either so I don't know what to expect. Not like they have always been true.

I felt myself start to drift off into a sleep before someone screamed my name.

"Elena!" I heard Vincent yell.

Opening my eyes I saw a wolf above me. It's brown fur was shaggy and very unkept.

A rogue.

The wolf just showed it canines at me but I showed no fear.

I was about to be killed or taken.

Either way my choice selection just got wider.

I can leave with Vincent, be a lone wolf, get kidnapped or possibly die.

The wolf tried to attack my still frame when it was tackled by a midnight black wolf. Vincent.

They fought back and forth, rolling and biting when I heard a neck snap. I looked over to see Vincent and the Rogue laying on the ground not breathing.

Panic. That's all I could do.

I ran over to Vincent to see if he was breathing or alive but I couldn't tell.

"I need a doctor!" I screamed now crying.

After a few seconds, a pack doctor ran over towards Vincent and started to examine him.

"Do something!" I yelled at the doctor making him flinch.

"Luna I'm trying. He's alive but barely. We need to get him to the hospital and quick." He said towards some guards with the look of insisting that they helped.

As they lifted him we started to run. As I ran, thoughts began to flood through my brain.

How could I be so selfish. My mate is about to die and I was thinking about becoming a lone wolf. He saved my life once again.

He needs me and I need him.

Knowing he's barely alive ignited a fire in me to give him a chance and become Luna of his pack. Our pack.