Chapt. 27) Love

~ Alpha Vincent's POV~
(Vincent's POV of last chapter)
__________________________
As I opened the door to her room, I saw her fragile body laying on the bed. I had been crying for sometime now knowing that I put her through so much shit.

I walked towards her side causing her to breathe a little heavy and tense up.

"I'm not going to hurt you." I whispered with tears on my face.

She couldn't talk so I took this as my time to explain.

"I'm so sorry Elena for everything. I-I can't believe I did those things to you... I'm a monster. A monster that tortured his own mate." I said softly running my hands through my hair.

She just blinked. She probably thinks I want her back to fill some missing spot in me but I really do love her so much... if only she knew.

"I know what's wrong with you Elena. I can make the pain stop... your heart is overworking due to us being so close again. Since I'm your true mate only I can fix the broken heart that you have." I whispered grabbing her delicate hand.

Her body seemed to ease up. She could move again and breathe normally.

It was like a huge burden was being lifted off of my chest. She's okay.

"Why are you here now?" She asked with a raspy voice.

"I came here to fight Abel not you. He killed my mat-Luna. I didn't think that you guys would be second chance mates..." I trailed off looking away.

"How do you know he killed your mate, I mean Luna?" She asked looking up at me.

I had to tell her the secret. I have abilities to see things and she might think I'm lying but she needs to know.

"I had a dream or a vision? I don't know how to explain it. I have them regularly but this was actually the one that made the most sense." I said a little confused.

"You can see things?" She asked staring down at my hand in hers, my eyes following her gaze.

"Yes, I've always been able to see things. I just don't know how or why." I stated while rubbing circles onto her hand.

"I can see things too, I have visions." She whispered.

I was shocked. I thought that maybe I was going crazy from her being away. I was convinced that I was slowly losing my mind.

"What? You can? I always thought I was going crazy! I guess that's another reason for us being mates right?" I tried to joke but she didn't laugh.

"We aren't mates Vincent. I'm happy here with Abel he doesn't torture me like you did." She said a little harshly.

Ouch.

"I think you're lying Elena. I had a vision of someone hurting you. It wasn't me but someone you actually loved." I said while cupping her cheek.

Saying that really hurt. She loved someone other than me and they hurt her just as bad.

I analyzed Elena's face when anger made its way to my mind.

"Did he hit you?" I asked harshly making her flinch. "How did I not see this before?!"

She didn't answer, she just looked down.

"Who does that to their mate?! I'm going to kill him." I yelled, my wolf taking over.

"Y-you did that to your mate as well so you don't be a hypocrite. He slapped me when he was drunk because I wouldn't join the 'party'." She said sighing.

I rested my head against her hand. Why in the hell would he do that? It angered me so much to know that my baby was hurt by someone.

"I just wish I could live a life without pain and worry." She whispered a tear slipping from her eye.

Pain flew throughout my heart. I never wanted my mate to feel this way ever. I wanted her to feel loved, protected, safe, cared for but I was the reason she wasn't feeling those ways.

"I wish I didn't cause you to live your life that way." I said shakily, looking at her and wiping the single tear from her face.

Moments went by, I was just holding her hand in silence. It wasn't an awkward silence but a comfortable silence. It seemed like it was supposed to happen.

"Can I be honest with you?" I asked while looking up at her gorgeous face.

She nodded and looked away toward the window in the room.

"When I first saw you, I knew you were my mate. I didn't want to let the girl who has always been there for me go. I mated and made her my Luna... it didn't feel right. I wasn't happy waking up next to her. I was pissed because I knew as I woke up in a bed, you woke up in a cage. My cage. My wolf hated me and still does for that. I wish I could've let you be my mate Elena. Seeing you attack me after I told you about a pack member made me realize what a good Luna you would've been. You took on the Alpha of all people." I chucked.

"I just want you to know that I always loved you, from the moment my eyes landed on you. I'm sorry for torturing you and locking you in a cage. I thought that if I did that you would eventually go and I wouldn't have the feelings anymore. I wouldn't have to kick out Amber. I never feel anything at all honesty but I'm so sorry I chose her over you." I trailed on.

She just looked away from me.

I really don't know what I'd do without her. She's my life, my everything. I need to get her back and treat her like the queen that she is.

I started to talk again cutting the silence.

"When Abel came into my office the day of his parting, he told me he had a deal. A deal to make you Omega and serve a punishment here. I didn't think you'd be his second chance mate. - Today when I saw you in his arms it reminded me of that day. You in his arms, peaceful and happy that you were saved from me. I was jealous and I wanted to take back what was mine but I couldn't. I let my ego get in front of the feelings I had for you. I can't believe I let the love of my life leave right before my eyes." I said with tears falling from my eyes.

I was extremely jealous that someone had my mate. The woman I was destined to love and care for. She was mine and nobody else's but I was being too fucking stupid to realize my mistakes.

"I don't really know how to take all of this in or feel but I appreciate you being honest with me. I don't know what to do. I love Abel but I can't forget what he did to me. I can't forget what you did to me." She said in a hushed tone.

Something took over me. I hated her feeling this way. I needed her to feel what I was feeling.

"I'm sorry" was all I said before pulling her into a kiss.

~
A/N:

❗️COMMENT AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK MIGHT HAPPEN OR HOW YOU FEEL!❗️

Remember to Vote & Comment! Thank you for reading!

Much love,
Sami