Chapt. 12) Bite Me

~Elena's POV~
__________________________
I jolted awake from my dream covered in sweat, and panting rapidly. I looked over at the clock on the bedside table, it read 3:00AM.  Sitting up I looked over at Abel who was still sleeping beside me soundlessly. He looked so at peace when he slept it was the most adorable thing ever.

I decided that I should probably go back to sleep since it's so early. I laid back down and tried to close my eyes but, every time I did I saw the images from my vision or dream. Whatever you want to call it. I knew from a young age that I could see things in my sleep but it never came around until things were really good in life. For example when Matt ran away I didn't see anything but now that he's okay, and I'm with my mate, I can see stuff again. 

Sighing extremely loud I just laid on the bed watching Abel's chest rise and fall. He was truly a sight to see. I decided to shimmy over closer to him and wrap my arms around his waist. Instantly he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer to him growling a little, like I was going to be taken.

Men.

Feeling the warmth of his body I started to feel my eyes get heavy. Before I knew it I was knocked out in the arms of my overprotective Alpha.

~

The next morning went kinda slow. I got up, took a shower, made breakfast for Abel and I, and then I followed him to his office to keep him company while he did his Alpha work.

When we were eating breakfast I got to know him a little more. As did he. He was telling me how he has two younger brothers and a sister. That I'll soon get to meet when they decide to visit.

His mother and father passed away when he and his siblings were young, from a car crash. He took over the Alpha position when he turned 16, which was extremely young for an Alpha but he obviously did wonders. I mean look at his pack, it's huge, well organized, and it seemed to be so united.

He also told me how he knew my family.

I guess our parents were really good friends and also an allied pack. Our packs always had celebrations together and other things.

~

His office was huge, which wasn't surprising at all but, it had books so I fell in-love with it immediately. I loved to read it was one of my favorite things to do. I decided to go look at his book shelves, scanning the books as I walked down the wall. My eyes stopped on a book that looked ancient, the binding was even a little rough. I decided to grab it and read it.

As I sat down on the couch across from Abel's desk he looked up at me. His eyes held lust and pride until he looked down at the book I was holding. Suddenly his eyes showed fear, and sadness.

I took this as a hint to not read it until he told me it was okay so, I put the book back. I didn't want to invade his privacy and I want to learn stuff about him from him, not books.

"The book you were holding, it's a spell book my mother owned." Abel said a little shaky.

"Oh I'm sorry, I didn't mean to invade. It just stood out to me." I said sympathetically.

"Don't be sorry love, I just get a little off when it comes to my parents." He said while looking at me with sad eyes.

I went over to him and hugged his tall, muscular frame. He nuzzled his face into my neck, inhaling my scent. We stayed like this for a good 5 minutes until someone knocked on the door interrupting the moment.