Chapt. 18) Darkness

~Elena's POV~
__________________________
Everything was dark and cold. I didn't know where I was. Am I alive? Dead? Is this what the afterworld looks like?

I tried to open my eyes but I couldn't. It's like I had no strength to do anything but listen to my thoughts which, could be deadly itself.

~

I could hear noises...beeping and faint voices. There were two different male voices and one female.

"Abel!" I tried to scream but nothing came out.

I fought my hardest to open my eyes. When finally one popped open, I was immediately blinded by light causing me to close it once again.

"Nurse! We need a nurse she's awake!" The female yelled, who I recognized as my mother.

Nurse? I opened both eyes looking around. I was in a hospital. The pack hospital to be exact.

I noticed my mother and father coming towards me, tears in their eyes. Toni was running into the room when he heard I was awake. I was expecting Abel to be here, by my side or even running behind Toni.

He wasn't there.

Frantically looking around, Abel was nowhere to be seen. My heartbeat quickened causing the machine next to me to beep rapidly.

5 seconds later the room was flooded with nurses and doctors, pushing every visitor out of the room.

"We're losing her!" I heard someone yell.

"Stay with us Luna. We need you." A nurse whispered in my ear.

I got a glimpse of my mothers tear stained face leaving the room, before the door was closed and before I fell back into the darkness.

~
The darkness was here once again and this time I didn't fight it. I let it consume me and take over my body. I couldn't fight anymore.

"She went into shock which caused her to go faint." I heard a different male say. Maybe the doctor.

"Will she be okay? Will she wake up?!" I heard my mother say straining her voice.

"She'll only wake up if she fights through this. The reason she isn't as strong is because Alpha Abel isn't here with her. With him being her mate and him gone she won't be able to do much." The Doctor said.

"Someone get that fucking mutt here now!" My father boomed.

Abel wasn't here with me and that's why I can't fight my way out of this. Was he still upset about me kicking him out? I never thought he would leave me here alone fighting for my life.

I heard shifting in the room and someone's hand touched mine. I felt a wet sensation on my hand. A tear.

"Baby, please you can do this." My mother said squeezing my hand.

"You don't need a mate. You're a strong girl. You've always been my strong baby girl." She said crying even more.

I tried to squeeze her hand. It took me so much strength but I only had a little.