Chapt. 5) Alpha Hale

~Elena's POV~
__________________________
I was in the kitchen helping Matt clean up his mess when I heard heavy footsteps coming down the stairs. Matt grabbed me and shoved me in a nearby closet.

"Matt what the fuck?" I whispered

"Stay in here and don't make a sound Elena. Hale is coming." He said with a serious face.

I stayed quiet and started to feel my wolf get more and more excited when I heard the footsteps grow louder.

I now knew who Hale was.

'Calm yourself' I told her annoyed.

"Elena! Mate! Mate!" She whimpered.

I just sighed. She doesn't get it. He basically left us to die down in the cage. What kind of mate does that?

I was in the middle of my thoughts when I heard my brother talking to someone.

"Matt why does it smell like a filthy rogue in my house?" He asked with pure authority.

"I was down in the cage with her just hitting her a few more times and her scent is on me now Alpha." Matt said. I could tell he was a little shaken.

"Alright just make sure you kill her by next week. I don't want her here anymore. I'll visit her tonight." Hale said.

Those words broke my heart. Did he really not feel our connection? Mates have a pull.. the Moon Goddess put us together for a reason. We are meant to be. Why doesn't he want me?

"I don't know why he doesn't want us Elena. He won't be able to survive without a mate. He'll realize." My wolf said with sadness present in her voice.

I felt wetness stream down my face... I didn't know what to do. I felt helpless. I need my mate! Wolves can't live without their mates.

Soon the door opened to reveal my brother. He was just staring at me wondering why I was crying probably.

"Elena I have to take you down to the cages again. He can't know you're here... I'm sorry. Just stay down there until I can say you're dead or something. I'll get out out of here alive." He said.

I looked at him scared of what will happen but I don't want him to get in trouble.

I nodded and followed him down to the cages again. He put the chain around my leg.

"Stay put." He said looking concerned.

I simply nodded and started to cry. I've never cried this much... only when Matt ran away and when Beta Roman's mate passed, that was 4 years ago.

I decided that I should probably rest up before the big bad Alpha shows himself.

I closed my eyes and drifted into darkness.

~ Elena's Dream ~

"Elena wake up my dear..."

"Hello? Who is there? Who's talking to me" I asked.

"You know who I am my dear, it's me the Moon Goddess."

I saw her coming towards me.

Was I dreaming? She was a beautiful porcelain figure with beautiful silver hair.

Everything about her was beautiful...

She reached out and touched my cheek. I flinched but pushed my face into her hand, wanting to be comforted.