Chapt. 14) Bed Rest

~Abel's POV~
__________________________
I heard a knock on the door.

"Come in." I said firmly.

"Yo man. When are we planning on telling the Lun- Elena about the killing you have to do?" Toni, my Beta asked while sitting across from my desk.

"We aren't telling her at all, I can't. I don't even know who I have to 'eliminate' yet." I said chuckling.

"Well maybe the Moon Goddess will visit you again?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, maybe. Let's take the rest of the day off. Remember don't tell Elena or anyone anything." I said pointing my finger at him.

"My lips are sealed." He said while motioning that he locked his lips and threw away the key.

"Good." Was all I said before walking out of the office with Toni right behind me.

As I walked down the hall I started to feel a pain in my head.

Maybe it's just a headache.

The pain was increasing. Suddenly my body came in contact with the floor.

"Abel!" I heard a beautiful voice scream.

As my beautiful mate started to appear in my vision, my eyes started to close.

"Abel. Stay awake. What's wrong?" Elena asked panicking.

"Someone call the pack doctor!" She screamed.

After a few minute of staring at Elena's worried face, I felt myself being lifted in the air.

As I was being lifted I heard a familiar, faint voice in the back of my head.

"Alpha Vincent's fake little mate must be eliminated and Elena must go back to him." Was all I heard before being pulled into the darkness.

~

~Elena's POV~

After seeing Abel in such bad condition I really started to feel bad. He was doing so much for the pack and me distracting him doesn't help either. I should've helped...

The doctor walked in causing me to snap out of my thoughts.

"Luna." She said while bowing her head in respect.

"Please call me Elena. How is Abel doing?" I asked worried.

"He should be fine. He just needs lots of rest." She said while looking at her clipboard.

"Oh thank goddess! I really thought something bad was happening." I said sighing, combing my hands through my hair.

"He's just a little over-worked. Typical for Alphas." She said with a little chuckle.

"Thank you so much Doctor!" I said standing and pulling her into a hug.

"Please call me Dr. Sara or just Sara." She said smiling.

"Of course, Dr. Sara or Sara. When can he come home?" I asked.

"As soon as he wakes up he should be good to go. I suggest that he stays in bed for the next few days." She said, writing something on her paper.

"Of course. He won't be going anywhere. I'll make sure of it." I said with a small smile.

"I'll also prescribe some sleeping medication for him. I know he'll try to get up and do stuff but the medicine should help knock him out." She said handing me a bottle of pills.

"Thank you again Sara. I'll make sure he gets back into his healthy form." I said smiling.

She nodded and walked out of the room. Leaving me and my stubborn mate.

Looking down at him, he seemed so relaxed. He really is the best thing to ever happen to me. I combed my hands through his hair causing him to growl a little.

I laughed and saw one of his gorgeous eyes open.

"Ah you finally woke up." I said looking down at him.

"Yes, I feel better now. I need to go tend to the pack." He said while trying to stand up.

I pushed him back down onto the bed. "Not so fast Mr. Rowe. You are on bed rest. Doctors orders." I said pushing my pointed finger to his chest.

"I need to tend to the pack. There is no such thing as bed rest for Alphas." He said sighing.

"Well it's your lucky day. You will be the first Alpha to be on bed rest!" I said clapping my hands together and smiling ear to ear.

He groaned and stood up. We walked out of the hospital and made our way back to the pack house.

Now it's time to get this over-worked, stubborn Alpha in bed.