Forty Eight

It's December 17th and today Grandma Sally and I are going out for a surprise and maybe she could help me pick out a gala dress. It's currently 9:14 and Grandma Sally is going to be here in 16 minutes.

I still have no idea where we are going. Anyway, I'm wearing a peach sweater, ripped jeans, and red Vans high tops. I also have my hair in a messy bun.

 I also have my hair in a messy bun

Yesterday when we got to Lisa and Sean's house, I walked over to my mom and dad's house so I could tell them about the speech, maybe my mom could join us if Grandma Sally decides that we should go dress shopping

I am currently in the study writing my speech. My main goal is to have the rough draft finished before we go to Bora Bora on Wednesday. I've always been passionate about gender equality, because when I was in 3rd grade the boys in my gym class called me bossy because I wanted to be team captain.

My mom also used at do speeches at high schools, middle schools, and grade schools when I was younger and I used at love going to listen about what she had to say. Anyway, I walk downstairs into the living room and see Autumn sitting on the couch drinking coffee.

"Hey Autumn," I say and walk into the kitchen. "Hey Emma, where're you going so early?" She asks me. "I'm going out with my Grandma Sally." I tell her. "Oh, have fun." She smiles back. "Thank you," I say and grab a bottle of water from fridge.

Once I grab the water, I walk over to the couch and sit down next to Autumn. "So, how are things going with you and Grayson?" I ask her. "Good, last night he asked me to be his girlfriend." She smiles. "OH MY GODS, that's amazing!" I'm flabbergasted and excited.

I can see she is blushing like crazy. "I know!" She smiles. My phone dings and I take it out of my pocket. It's a text from Grandma Sally.

Grandma Sally: I'm here. Come down when you are ready.

I text her back and walk to the door and grab my coat.

Emma: Okay, I'm coming down right now.

"Alright, I'm going down to the lobby. Tell Ethan and Grayson that I'm out with Grandma Sally, please." I tell Autumn. "Okay. Bye Emma." She says. "Bye Autumn." I reply and open the front door. I walk out and over to the elevator.

----------

We just got to where we are going and I'm very confused. We are at Pure Ink Tattoo Studio. "I'm getting a tattoo and I wanted you to help me though the pain." Grandma Sally tells me. "Alright, then let's go." I smile and we both get out of her car.

We walk up to the double glass door and they slide open. "Hello, welcome to Pure Ink Tattoo Studio. My name in Tina, how can I help you?" She greets. "Hi, my name is Sally Jackson. I made a reservation." Grandma Sally tells her.

"Oh yes, you also said that a TV show camera crew was coming?" She double checks. "Yes, I did say that." Grandma Sally replies. "Okay. Do you want to wait for the crew?" She asks us. "Yes, please." Grandma Sally replies again.

"Okay, if you want you can go and sit over there in the waiting room." She suggests. "Alright." I say and we both walk over to the fancy chairs and couches. "What do you think you want to get?" I ask Grandma Sally. "I want to surprise you." She replies with a smile.

I think I might get a tattoo because I have been thinking about getting a new one for a while now. "I think I might get one." I tell her. "Oh yeah, what do you want to get?" Is her response. "That is a secret." I say with a smirk.

"Wow," I all she says. I give her my 'what' look and she continues speaking. "You're just like your dad, because when he was younger and I didn't tell him something, he would do the same thing that you just did." She finishes with a laugh.

All I do is smile because the though of me being like my dad is funny. My dad is a big goof ball, and is brave and is tough, and all I am is smart.

The door of the tattoo studio open and in walks the camera crew. Grandma Sally gets up and so do I. We walk over to where Tina is waiting for us and we follow her. Grandma Sally is going to go first I guess. 

-------------

We both have our tattoo's done and Grandma Sally got the word 'Love' in script on her wrist,

and I got a book with pages on my left wrist and on my left hand.

I got the book and pages because I LOVE reading and because I wrote a book and I co-wrote a book with my two best friends

I got the book and pages because I LOVE reading and because I wrote a book and I co-wrote a book with my two best friends. Anyway, Grandma Sally and I are driving to my mom and dad's house because my mom made some calls and now, a dress designer is waiting for me to try on some dresses.

Right now Grandma Sally and I listening to music from like 2008 and 2009. The currently song we are listening to is 'Shark in the water' by V V Brown and it's almost at the end so the next song is coming on any second.

(You can play the song at the begin of the chapter if you want) The very famous song Jessie's Girl comes on and we both start singing along. I'm just a little confused as to way I have a song from 1981 in my playlist called 'Late 2000's'. 

I look at my phone that's plugged in and the playlist changed. I'm definitely okay with that thought because I freaking love this song.

------------

Sorry for the shorter chapter.