One

It's April 18th and we just got back from Coachella yesterday, and Alex, her baby boy, Matthew, my mom and Lisa are in L.A. for the week, so they can help me pick out a prom dress. Lisa is also here to see her boys. Senior prom is on Friday and I still don't have a dress.

We were going shopping for the dress a little later. It's 10 o'clock and my mom is sleeping on the pull out bed from the couch. Alex is sleeping in the guest bedroom with baby Matthew. Last night Alex told us she was pregnant again. 

Damn, Matthew is a year and one month (he was born on April 5th), she should give herself a break. I walk out of my room and see Ethan sitting on the couch. I tiptoe past the guest bedroom, because I really don't want to wake Matthew up. "Hey Ethan." I say and walk over to him smiling.

Ethan and I have been dating for year and five months. Today Ethan and Grayson are uploading a video that explains that Ethan and I are more than friends and that we've been dating for almost a year and a half. I feel really bad lying to everyone, but now it's time for the truth. 

We usually have school today, but since Alex, my mom, and Lisa are here, we don't have to go. Ethan and Grayson still go to football practice but not school. "Hey Emma." He says smiling also. "Did anyone go get the mail last night?" I ask wondering because after we came back from dinner we all just crashed.

"I don't think so. Do you want me to go get it?" Ethan replies. "Sure, but I'm coming." I say and get off of the couch. We walk towards the door and I grab the keys so we don't get locked out. We walk towards the elevator and push the button. The doors open and we step inside.

Ethan pushes the lobby button and then it goes down. The doors open up and we step out. We walk over to the mail room and then over to our box. I grab our key and put it in then I turn the key to open the box. I take the key out and open the little door.

We have a lot of mail. "Ethan do you want to split the pile so we can throw away the junk mail?" I ask him. "Sure." He says then grabs the stack of mail in our little box. He gives me half and he take the other half.

I start to look through the mail and a lot of it is either junk or Grayson and Ethan's mail. I finish sorting just after Ethan. We switch piles and I guess I have a lot of mail also. I have a couple of big envelopes, one of small envelope and five packages. "Let's go back to the apartment." I say to Ethan.

--------

We are leaving in 20 minutes and I am wear a teal cropped top with a city landscape skirt and lace shoes. My hair is down and curled.

I am currently sitting in the kitchen at the table about to open my mail

I am currently sitting in the kitchen at the table about to open my mail. I open the small envelopes first. The first one is all the pictures from our 18th birthday party and from the thing we did for it. We went to a Steeler's game, then we went snow boarding in Lake Tahoe, I got a new tattoo on my side boob and finally we finished our book.

 We went to a Steeler's game, then we went snow boarding in Lake Tahoe, I got a new tattoo on my side boob and finally we finished our book

I open a big envelope and inside is a letter from PRINCETON UNIVERSITY. I read the letter and this is what it says,

Dear Emma Jackson,

Congratulations! The committee has reviewed your application and we are happy to offer you admission to the Class of 2019. Princeton received a record applicant pool of over 17,000 applications this year and your academic accomplishments, extracurricular achievements and personal qualities stood out among this strong pool. The committee was impressed with all you have done. Thank you for applying. We are delighted to be accepting you.

If you applied for financial aid, a letter from the Financial Aid Office is enclosed with this mailing. If you have any questions a member of the financial aid staff would be pleased to speak with you or your parents. We understand that paying for a college education is a significant commitment, and we would like to help you through the process. Princeton's policy of replacing the student loan with additional grant sets us apart from other schools and allows you to graduate without any expected debt.

You and your parents are invited to join us on April 28-30 for our April Hosting program to learn more about Princeton. An invitation is enclosed with this mailing. Our faculty members are interested in meeting you and we hope you can join us. Also included is this packet is the response card which you need to fill out and return to us with a May 8 postmark. Should you decide to attend Princeton, we will be sending you more materials later this spring with information about getting ready for your freshman year.

Once again, congratulations. We are thrilled to be sending you this splendid news. If you have any questions about the academic program, residential life or a particular interest, please let us know and we will help you get the answers.

Sincerely,
Janet Lavin Rapelye

"OH MY GODS!!! OH MY GODS!!!" I scream and everyone comes running into the kitchen area. "What happened?" My mom asks and everyone has the look of confusion and concern on their faces. "I GOT INTO PRINCETON!!!" I scream. "Oh my gods, that's amazing Emmy." My mom says smiling and then she runs over to hug me.

------------

Everyone just finished congratulating me and I'm going to now open the other big envelopes. I open it and read what's inside. I also got accepted into the University of California. To be completely honest, I am way more excited about going to Princeton than about going to the University of California.

I'll tell everyone when we get back from dress shopping. We leaving very soon so I'm going to open the packages very quickly.