Seven

I am about to read my speech and I am super nervous. I listen for him to say these words, "and now it's time to hear a speech written by Emma Jackson, Valedictorian." I can see my entire family and let's just say there are a lot of them:

My Mom, My Dad, Luke, Grandma Sally, Grandpa Paul, Alex, Matthew, Grandma Athena, Grandpa Frederick, Uncle Bobby, Olivia, Uncle Matthew, Charlotte, Jackson, Ryan, Henry, Ella, Lucy, and Autumn.

Then there is Ethan and Grayson's family: their Mom, their Dad, Cameron, their Grandma, their Grandpa, their other Grandma, their Grandpa, their Aunt, their Uncle,and cousin Shane.

"and now it's time to hear a speech written by Emma Jackson, Valedictorian." Mr. Asshelmet say and I get up and walk over to the microphone that sitting on a glass stand.

I adjust the mic and then start to speak,

"My fellow students, we only arrived here four short years ago, and now it's already time to leave. How did it all go so fast? It seems like only yesterday that we were skinny little freshmen fighting with the locks on our lockers, trying to figure out where our next class was, and looking generally clueless to all the upperclassmen. 

Now we are the upperclassmen, the seniors who stand here ready to graduate and move forward in the world. Yet at this seminal moment, we can't help looking back. How do we measure the time we've spent in high school? In the beginning, we measured it in class periods, counting down the day to eventual freedom. 

As the days and weeks passed, we measured it in semesters, and later in years as we moved from being those clueless freshmen, to becoming sophisticated sophomores who thought they had it all figured out. By the time we reached our junior year, we were confident that we were prepared to take over for the graduating seniors, and we couldn't wait to "rule the school."

And now here we stand. Our rule is over, and it's up to the next class to step into our shoes and take over. I know that as I look out at all of you, I will measure my time here in a much different way. I will measure it in all the friendships I've enjoyed these last four years. 

Some were pretty casual and others were much closer, but I'll remember each one fondly, as I'm sure you all will, too. And when many of our high school memories begin to fade, that's how we'll ultimately measure the time we spent here, not in periods or semesters or years, but in the friendships that we made and the times we shared together.

Congratulations my fellow graduates of the class of 2018. Wherever we go and whatever we do, may we always be friends when we meet again." 

Once I'm done speaking there is a roar of applause.  I walk back over to my seat and sit down.

------------

Ethan, Grayson and I just got out of the school which means it's time for pictures. I look around trying to find everyone. You would think it would be easy to find a hugely pregnant women and group with natural black or blonde hair.

I look around a bit more and suddenly my eyes land on Autumn. She is the only one on my mom's side that does not have blonde hair. She has Auburn blonde hair.

(This is what she looks like^^^^)

I walk over to her and ask, "Autumn, what's the matter?" "I'm graduating at the end of the month and I'm not ready for all of this." She tells me. "Autumn, it's not as scary as you think it is. As long as you have supportive friends and family or even a supportive boyfriend, you'll get through it. Also at least Ryan is graduating with you." I say and side huge Ethan.

"Thanks Emma, you guys are coming right?" She asks me. "Yep, wouldn't miss it for the world." I say smiling. "Thanks." She says and I ask her, "Also, where is everyone?" "Oh, their over there. Your Aunt Alex is signing things for people while waiting for you guys to come over. I'll take you guys to them." Autumn says to me.

She starts to walk away and I grab Ethan and Grayson's hand pull them with me. We follow Autumn and I soon see our families. I let go of Ethan and Grayson's hands and speed walk towards my family.

"Mom, Dad." I say and go to hug them. "You did amazing Emmy." My dad says to me after hugging me back. "Congratulations Em." My mom says still hugging me. "Thanks guys." I say with a huge smile on my face.

"Let's take some pictures." Lisa says when Ethan and Grayson finally make their way over.

----------

We just finished up taking pictures and we are now going to a really nice place to eat. We are all taking limos. Us young adults and children (minus Matthew) are taking a limo and the adults are taking another limo. This past year has been amazing. I was prom queen, I was Valedictorian, I got a baby cousin with more on the way, we finished writing our book and I finished writing my book.

I am currently sitting next to Ryan and I really want to talk to him but it's so loud inside this limo. Screw it, I'm talking to him. "Hey Ry." I say loudly. "Hi Em, nice job up there today." He compliments. "Thank you, I tried really hard." I tell him.

"Is there anyone special to you? Like a girlfriend?" I ask interrogating him as if I was his mother. "Maybe," Is all he says. "Who?!" "You remember my girlfriend Melissa from two years ago?" He asks. "Yeah," I say. "That's who." He says making me smile.

"I am so going to meet her at your graduation at the end of the month." I say with a huge smile. Suddenly the car stops and the door opens. We all start to get out and everyone is waiting for us. I walk over to Ethan and hold his hand. He gives it a tight squeeze, but still holds it afterwards.

The adults walk into the restaurant so we follow them. We are walking behind everyone and Ethan whispers these words, "I love you." OH MY GODS, HE JUST SAID I LOVE YOU. "I love you too, Ethan." I whisper back.