Twenty Six

I am currently sitting in an Uber waiting to pay my Uber driver so I can pick up the surprise. "Alright, that will be 60 dollars." The man says and I give him the money, then get out of the car. I am currently at NKLA Pet Adoption Center and I am here to pick up a Teacup Yorkie.

I walk in the doors and it is a very white and clean building. I looked at the ratings online and this place got 4.9 stars. I have everything I will need in order to adopt the puppy. I have my license, money, etc. (I know this is not how it really works, but just for the plot deal with it).

I walk over to counter and the lady behind it says, "Welcome to NKLA Pet Adoption Center, how may I help you today?" "Hi, my name is Emma Jackson. I'm here to pick up a little Teacup Yorkie." I respond.

"Yes, the computer says you called early this morning about the adoption." She tells me. "I did." "Okay, you can follow me to the room where we put the puppies for you to look at." She tells me then gets up to I guess show me the room.

She walks over to a pretty white door and opens it gives me the look that says it's okay for me to come in. I walk over and I see the most cute puppies I've ever seen in my entire life. I walk in and the lady closes the door behind her.

She walks over and picks up a puppy. "This little puppy is a little less than month old, she is potty trained and she has no name."She says then sits down. "Oh My Gods, she is so precious." I say and I walk over and sit down in the chair next to her.

"Would you like to hold her?" She asks. "Yes please." I say with a toothy smile. She hands me the puppy and I instantly love her. "I would look to adopt her." I tell her. "Alright, let me go get the paper work for you to fill out." She says then gets up and leaves the room.

I get up and place the puppy on the chair so I can take a picture of her. I take the picture and pick her up again before sitting down. I open Snapchat and go to my settings, and make it so Ethan and Grayson can not see my story.

I post the picture on my story.

The lady comes back into the room and hands me the paper work

--------------

I am currently standing outside my apartment door about to walk in and surprise Ethan and Grayson. On my way home, I stopped at Pet Smart and picked up everything I will need. It's 8 o'clock and I told them I was not going to be home until 9:30, so hopefully they will be even more surprised.

I made sure that she does not lose her hair for Grayson's sake. I put my key in the lock and twist it. I open the door slightly and let the puppy into the apartment. I open the door more and walk in quietly. After about three seconds I hear laughs and chuckles.

After that I hear footsteps. I guess they're coming to see who's puppy it is. Ethan and Grayson appear around the corner and Ethan asks, "Who's puppy are you watching?" "Our puppy." I tell them with a smile.

"Oh, and don't worry she doesn't lose her hair." I tell them and Grayson smiles. "So what's her name?" Grayson asks me while Ethan is petting her. "She doesn't have a name yet." I tell both of them. "Let's go name her now." Ethan says walking over to the floor in the living room and sits down.

Grayson and I both follow him to the living room floor before sitting down. Ethan puts her down and she runs of to explore. "I forgot the paper." Ethan says before getting up. He runs to the kitchen, grabs three pens, paper and scissors, before speed walking back over to us.

He sits back down and cuts up three pieces of paper, then hands us a pen to write with. I write down a name on the paper and I'm the last person to put my name in Ethan's hat. Ethan shuffles the hat up and says, "Whatever piece of paper lands back in my hat is the name." 

He lifts the hat up suddenly and one piece falls back in. I take the piece out and the name...

NJ is on it. I had put California down on the paper. I reveal the paper to Ethan and Grayson and I can see that Grayson picked the name by the look in his eyes. "Her new name is NJ." I say with a smile. 

"I put California down." I tell them. "I put London down." Ethan says and I smile. "I'll be right back." I say getting up, so I can find NJ. I walk down the hall of bedrooms and I look in Grayson's first. No NJ.

I walk into my room next. No NJ. I walk into Ethan's room to find NJ is on his bed. "Hi puppy. Your name is NJ." I say to her. I walk over and pick her up. Once I pick her up I bring her out to Ethan and Grayson, who are now sitting on the couch.

"I'm going to Facetime Mom." Ethan says and pulls out his phone. He taps the phone a couple times before it rings. After ringing for 10 seconds I hear Lisa's voice. "Hey Hon." She says. "Hey mom. Look what we have." He says and he flips the camera around to NJ.

"Oh my goodness. Who's puppy is that?" Lisa asks looking stunned. "Ours. Emma got her for us." Grayson says. "Wow. What's her name?" Lisa asks. "NJ." I reply. "Grayson picked out the name." I continue.

"I can't wait to meet her." Lisa says smiling and my phone goes off. I look at who it is and it's a text from Aliyah.

Aliyah: Can I come over? I have a very important question to ask you.