Chapter 32

Alexis's POV

     "What?" Scott demanded.
     "That's where Stiles is. We have to get him!" I exclaimed. I reached over to grab the door handle, but Scott put a hand on my arm, stopping me from opening it.
     "Alex, think about this. We have to call the others and get their help then make a plan. We can't just barge in there expecting to get Stiles back," Scott explained softly.
     "Then call them! Stiles could be dying in there. We have to save him," I practically begged.
     "How about you call as many people as you can, and I'll drive home. Tell them to meet at your house," Scott instructed. I quickly agreed and began dialing numbers.

....................

     "So that's it?" I asked nervously.
     "Yeah, but these things never go as planned," Liam told me. I sipped my coffee as I struggled to stay awake. The last thing I wanted to do was fall asleep.
     "I'll drive Lydia, Kira, and Malia. Liam, you drive Alex. Take five minutes, then we're leaving," Scott announced. We diapered, some of us going to the bathroom as others poured themselves more coffee from the pot.
     I went back to my room and looked in the mirror. The messiness of my hair didn't bother me, but I had a feeling it would get in the way, so I decided to tie it up. I weaved the strands together to form a messy braid. A few loose hairs stuck out, so I used a bobby pin to pin them down.
     Right as I walked into the kitchen, I noticed that pretty much everybody was ready to leave.
     "Are you sure you want to come, Alex? I'm sure we'll be able to handle it," Scott assured me.
     "I'm going," I stated firmly. A small smile formed on Scott's face when I said that. He was proud of me, and that gave me all the energy I needed.

     The ride to the warehouse was slow and silent with the exception of Liam tapping nervously on the wheel. Thankfully, we got there sooner than I had expected. I was eager to see Stiles.
     We all hopped out of the cars and stared up at the building in front of us. Scott looked right at me to make sure I was okay. I subtly nodded at him, and he gave me a small smile of encouragement.
     "Ready?" Lydia asked everyone. We all nodded silently. There was no telling what awaited us inside.
     We walked up to the door, and the first thing we noticed was that the door was slightly ajar.
     "Maybe I should go in first," Scott suggested.
     "No, I'll go," Liam argued. Meanwhile, as Scott and Liam debated who would go in first, Malia had already stepped inside. I looked back at the rest of the group. They also noticed that Malia walked inside first, so one by one, we crept inside. Naturally, I was the last one inside. My heart pounded in my chest. Scott and Malia looked over at me when they heard how fast my heart was beating.
     "I'm fine," I insisted. As we slowly walked further through the warehouse, nothing seemed out of the ordinary. Boxes lined the gray, cinderblock walls. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw someone's shadow dark across the wall. I tapped on Lydia's shoulder and silently motioned over to the still moving shadow. We both stopped dead in our tracks which got the rest of the pack's attention.
     "You guys keep going. I'll take care of him," Malia instructed us. Before any of us to even reply to her, a group of around ten or fifteen people came out of nowhere. By "people" I mean a mix of werewolves and other creatures I couldn't identify. I turned and ducked right in time to miss a set of sharp claws flying towards my head. The whole pack started fighting the opposing group, but I had no idea how to fight. I couldn't defend myself, so I did what I do best: run. Because of all the chaos, I could easily slip away unseen.
     Something pulled at my chest, so I let it lead me. I glanced back at the mayhem to see someone's eyes flicker over to me. Fortunately for me, the werewolf was too preoccupied to go after me.
     As I ran down a flight of stairs and through hallways that all looked the same, I wondered how I would find my way back. I turned a corner and nearly collided with a very confused-looking guy.