Chapter 20

Author's Note- hey!! Before we start the chapter, I want to say a big thank you to LillyGustin for creating this amazing cover!  I love it and thank you so much!!!! <3
I'm sorry if this chapter isn't as great as the rest. It's been a long week and it's pretty late at night for me, so to make up for it, I promise that I'll update again in the next few days.
Anyways, I hope you enjoy!

Scott's POV

     "Hey, Scott!" Stiles panted as he jogged to catch up to me. We just finished practicing, so both of us were about to leave.
     "What's up?" I asked.
     "Alex isn't picking up her phone, and I'm starting to get worried about her. Can you use your werewolfy senses to find out where she is and have her call me?" Stiles begged.
     "Werewolfy senses?" I laughed. Stiles glared at me. "Okay, okay. I'll text you when I find her."
     "Thank you," Stiles mumbled. I could tell he was nervous, and to be honest, I was a little nervous too.
     I jumped into my car and started driving. Trees and houses passed by as I just randomly took a turn here and a turn there whenever it felt right, making the occasional u-turn of course.
     All of a sudden, I stopped near a small bridge. I remembered coming here as a kid after school to think. As I stepped out of my car, I saw Alex standing near the edge. Shit. I sprints toward her at full speed.
     "Alex!" I yelled knowing that she was about to jump. She glanced over at me and took a step forward. Thankfully, I grabbed her just in time. I took a hold on her arm and pulled her away from the edge. She fought and screamed and begged me to let her go and let her die. I ignored her cries and just held her tightly against my chest.
     "I hate you! Just let me die!" She sobbed as she pounded against my chest with her tiny fists. She didn't even hurt me at all.
     "Sh, Alex, it's okay. Calm down. You're okay," I whispered to her. She went limp and just started crying on my chest. I'll admit that a few tears escaped my eyes. I didn't want to see her like this. How long had she felt like this? I decided to ask her once and had calmed down a little.
     "We don't have school tomorrow, so do you want me to call Stiles to pick you up or do you want to stay with me for the night? I'm not bringing you back home just so you can come back to this bridge and jump," I suggested.
     "You," she managed to choke out after a few seconds.
     "Okay. Can I carry you to the car?" I asked quietly. She slowly nodded, so I scoped her up and carried her all the way to the car. Well, it was technically my mom's car, but whatever. That didn't matter right now.
     After I placed her down in the passenger's seat as gently as I possibly can and closed the door. I quickly made my way to the other side, got in, and started driving.
     Every few seconds, I would look over at Alex, and she would always be in the same position. She was curled up with her knees against her chest and her arms wrapped around herself. What could hurt someone this much to make them believe that suicide is the only option?

........................

     When we got home, I carried her inside and immediately brought her to my room. Mom wasn't home because she had the night shift.
     Alex refused to look me in the eyes, which was totally understandable. She looked slightly uncomfortable in those clothes, so I started to search for some clothes that she could borrow for the night.
     "Here," I said as I handed her a pair of my boxer shorts and a short sleeved t-shirt. Alex slowly reached out and took them. "I'm going to call Stiles while you change okay?" She nodded. "Meet me in the living room when you're done."
     "Okay," she whispered. Alex stood up, set the clothes on the bed, and hugged me. "Thank you," she mumbled.
     "Hey, I'm not going to let anything happen to you, okay? And if anyone gives you any trouble, tell me and I'll take them down," I assured her. She giggled a little and nodded. Alex broke away from the hug and picked up the clothes again. "I'll be in the living room when you're done," I told Alex. She nodded, and I left, closing the door behind me. Now, time to call Stiles.