Chapter 4

Alexis's POV

     I turned on Isaac's phone one more time and checked the time. It was three minutes past the last time I checked. It was now 8:53 p.m., and I was starting to get worried. I could sense that something was wrong. That was it. I was going to look for him.
     In an instant, I had put on a short sleeved shirt. It wasn't that cold outside. I looked in the mirror and second guessed myself. In this shirt, you could see every little burn, cut, and scar that I had given myself. I quickly took off that shirt and put on a long sleeved shirt. It was a little big on me, but I wasn't surprised. I had been losing some weight.
     I walked out of my room and closed my bedroom door behind me. I tiptoed down the hallway, down the stairs, and into the living room. A weird sound was coming from the room, so I peered around the corner. Shit! Dad was asleep on the couch, which meant that there was a 98 percent chance of me getting caught. Thankfully, he didn't stir as I opened the front door, slipped through it, and closed it behind myself. I took a deep breath.
     I realized how stupid it was to think he was in trouble. If he was, he would have told me. I shook my head at my own stupidity. I was already outside, so I decided to take a walk. It had been a while since I had taken a walk. So, I started walking.

     After about half an hour, I started to get tired, so I turned around and started to walk back. It had been a long day, and I barely had anything to eat all day. The only thing I had was half of a sandwich when I snuck downstairs while Dad was out. All of a sudden, a low growl came from the trees. Both my feet and my heart stopped. I heard it again. I unfroze and scrambled to get Isaac's phone out of my pocket. I turned on the flashlight with trembling fingers and pointed it toward the trees.
     "Hello?" I called out in a shaky voice. I saw the dark outline of a person. I rolled my eyes. It was probably just someone from my school playing a sick prank on me. I took a hesitant step toward whoever it was. The person's features became sharper as my eyes adjusted. I still couldn't see who it was though.
     The last thing I remembered was someone, or something, lunging at me.

.....................

Stiles's POV

     "I clearly won," I argued, glancing at Scott as I was driving him home from a particularly long lacrosse practice.
     "In your dreams, Stilinski," Scott smiled. I shook my head and laughed, but I made sure to keep my eyes on the road. If I broke off another mirror, Dad would be pissed, considering I've already done it twice.
     "Well, you can just kiss my-" I started to say.
     "Stiles stop!" Scott screamed, cutting me off. I instinctively slammed on the brakes.
     "What was that for!" I yelled. I didn't see anything that should make me slam on the brakes and give me a heart attack. Scott opened his door and jumped out, so naturally, I did the same. "Scott, what's wrong?" I asked. My question was answered when I saw him kneel down next to someone. I looked over his shoulder and gagged. There was an unconscious girl with blood pouring from her stomach. Wait...was that a bite?
     "Werewolf," Scott sighed as if he read my mind.
     "Well, is she going to become, you know," I questioned.
     "The bite's deep enough. We should take her to the clinic just to be sure. Deaton is out of town, but I have the key. Open the door to the backseat," Scott instructed me as he picked up the phone lying next to the girl, put it in his pocket, and lifted the girl up bridal style. "Whoa, she weighs nothing," Scott muttered. I opened the door, and Scott gently placed her inside. I closed the door and got in the car. Then, I sped off towards the clinic.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Hey everybody!!! I'm really sorry I haven't updated in a while, but here it is! I haven't been feeling the best lately, but I'll be okay. I love feedback, so if you have anything to say, please say it in the comments! I'll write more soon!