Chapter 31

Alexis's POV

     Two weeks. It's been exactly two weeks since Stiles disappeared in the hospital. With all of the medical bills to worry about, Mr. Stilinski picked up another shift, so he was rarely ever home. That gave me the opportunity to start up some of my old habits.
     The hospital recommended weekly therapy sessions to help me "cope with the memories of my father," but thankfully since Mr. Stilinski is only home for about five hours a day, he doesn't have time to take me. Now, don't get me wrong, I have nothing against therapy. I think therapy can help a lot of people. Personally, I don't think I would care enough to benefit from it at this point.
     My eyes burned whenever I blinked. Over the past two weeks, I had collectively gotten around ten hours of sleep, mainly in fifteen minute increments. I stared at the map taped to my wall and started connecting the different colored pushpins with a single strand of red string. All of a sudden, my mind started buzzing. I carefully connected each one, searching for some kind of pattern. After all, this method always worked in the movies.
     I took a step back and stared blankly at the wall. I searched for something, anything, that would show me where he could potentially be. Tears filled my eyes as I realized that I may never find him. I had tried countless methods to find him, and nothing was working. An angry scream came from my mouth, and I collapsed.
     "Alex?" someone yelled from another room. Shit. I forgot that Scott was here. He didn't want me to be alone all day, so he offered to keep me company.
     Before I could react, Scott's arms were around me, holding me tightly against his chest. I hugged him back even though any small movement I did made my fresh cuts scream in agony.
     "I can't find him," I sobbed loudly.
     "Shh, it's okay. We'll find him. You're doing everything you can," Scott reassured me.
     "But it's not enough," I whispered.
     "How about you and I go for a quiet car ride? That always helps me think," Scott said once I had calmed down. I nodded in agreement. "Change into some comfortable clothes and meet me in the car in five minutes, okay?"
     "Okay," I replied. Scott gave me a quick kiss on the top of my head and walked out of my room, closing the door behind himself.

     I stepped into the car and closed the door. Scott gave me a small smile before starting the car. We drove around for a while, and I closed my eyes and tried to clear my head. Too many thoughts were circling around my mind for me to concentrate on any of them. As my head emptied its thoughts, I started drifting off to sleep.
     Instead of getting a few minutes of much needed sleep, I was jerked awaked by the feeling of me falling. Scott glanced over at me.
     "I'm fine," I told him, knowing what he was about to ask. I settled back into the seat of his car and the second I closed my eyes, I heard a whisper.
     I glanced over at Scott. He was completely focused on the road, so it must have been my imagination. I closed my eyes again, and the second I did, a scream ripped through the silence.
     "Fuck!" I exclaimed in surprise as I jumped a little. Scott jumped too and looked over at me.
     "What?" he asked.
     "What do you mean 'what'? Didn't you hear the scream?" I groaned. I rubbed my sore ears.
     "Alex, no one screamed," Scott replied slowly. I sighed and stared out the window. What was going on with me? Did it have something to do with being an angel? Voices flooded my head and jumbled my thoughts. Most of them were telling me to stop or look. A weird, tingling feeling encompassed me, and I knew what to do.
     "Scott, stop!" I yelled without warning. There was a weird feeling in my chest, and I just knew. Scott slammed on the brakes. "That's it," I concluded as we stared out of the car windows and looked at a seemingly normal warehouse. "That's where he is."