Chapter 12

TRIGGER WARNING!!!!!!!

Alexis's POV

     Unfortunately, Declan had to leave shortly after the practice started because his little sister was sick, so he had to pick up some groceries for his mom, who was watching his sister.
     I sat alone on the bleachers, just thinking. For me, thinking was a dangerous game. I stared out at the field as I remembered what they said about me. What they thought I was. What they knew I was. I was a freak. A monster even. I deserved every kick, punch, and beating that I survived. I deserved the name calling, the harassment, and the self harm. I deserved it all.
     That's when my arms started to itch. I needed to cut. If I didn't, I would go crazy.
     I focused back on the team practicing. Stiles looked pretty into it. I didn't think he would notice if I slipped away for a few minutes.
     I got away from the bleachers and the field as quickly as I could. Once I was inside the school, I went straight for my locker. My heart pounded, and my eyes constantly darted from left to right. If Stiles caught me by surprise now, I might explode. I would explode because why, you may ask? The answer is simple: I don't really know. Anger? Fear? Frustration? Something around there.
     As I got to my locker, I noticed a piece of paper taped onto it. My eyes grazed the paper and filled with tears.

"Kill yourself bitch or I'll do it for you"

     The note was scrawled in a foreign handwriting, but I still knew who it was. It couldn't be anyone else but Brad. I ripped it down from the locker and crumpled it up. There wasn't a trash can nearby, so I just shoved it into my book bag.
     I opened my locker and sifted through it until I found my pencil sharpener. The blade was probably dull from all of the wood shavings, but it would have to work. I shut my locker and hurried to the bathroom with my bag and my pencil sharpener. 
     "Hello?" I called out when I stepped inside the bathroom. I wanted to make sure that I was alone in here. Thankfully, I was. I set my bag down on the ground along with the sharpener.
     I slammed my foot down on the sharpener, and the plastic shattered like glass, exposing the blade that was encased in it. I picked up all of the blue plastic bits that were scattered across the floor and threw them away. The blade was all that was left.
     I grabbed the blade in my right hand and positioned my left arm over the sink. I dragged the cool metal over my arm. Small droplets of blood instantly started to form.
     It wasn't enough.
     Each cut I made was deeper than the last. After a lot of slashes on that arm, I did the other arm too.
     Blood filled the sink. I kept cutting even when I started to get dizzy. I only stopped when I blacked out a little.
     When I blacked out, I didn't fall. I just stumbled a little. I looked behind me at the clock on the wall and gasped. Stiles would be done with practice any minute now. I turned on the faucet and nearly screamed when the cool water stung my fresh wounds.
     The water eventually turned clear again, so I dried off my arms with paper towels, pulled my sleeves down to my hands, and grabbed my bag and left.
     I practically sprinted back to the field. Stiles was approaching the bleachers with his bag. He was talking to Scott, and neither of them seemed to notice me leave. I was perfectly fine with keeping it that way.
     I took a deep breath, plastered on a fake smile, and walked up to them. They were both dripping with sweat, which to me, was absolutely disgusting. Stiles smiled when he saw the look on my face. He extended his arms and approached me for a hug.
     "Stiles, don't you dare get me all sweaty too!" I laughed as I took a few steps backward. I shrieked as he dropped his bag and lunged for me. Before I could move out of the way, I was engulfed into a sweaty hug from both Stiles and Scott.
     "You guys suck! Get off of me!" I squealed pushing away from them. They eventually released me, and I started coughing. They both smelled awful. Stiles and Scott, on the other hand, were laughing their asses off. "Shut up!" I laughed.
     "You ready to go?" Stiles asked me. I nodded. "Okay. I'll see you tonight, Scott. We're meeting at my house. Spread the word."
     As the two kept talking, even though Stiles said he was ready to go, I stared back behind Scott. Liam was there talking to one of his friends. He was almost as sweaty as Stiles and Scott. His friend must have said something funny to him because his face suddenly lit up and a huge smile stretched across his face. He threw his head back and laughed. I tried my hardest to suppress the smile that was about to take over my face, but a small grin slipped through. Even though he was sweaty and his hair was a mess, he still looked kind of cute.
     Wait, no. I shook the thought from my head. There was no way in hell that he would feel the same way about me.
     "Alex?" A voice broke through my thoughts. My head whipped around, and I met Stiles's confused eyes. He stretched his neck and looked behind Scott, who also turned around and looked. Realization crossed both of their faces.
     "I was not-" I argued.
     "Uh-huh. Sure," He said with a goofy grin on his face. "Come on. Let's go before you start blushing too." He smiled and shook his head when I actually started to blush.
     "I'll see you guys later tonight," Scott smiled. "And don't worry; I won't tell Liam," Scott winked, causing me to blush harder. Scott jogged away, and Stiles looked down at me and wiggled his eyebrows.
     "Shut up!" I pushed him as hard as I could, but he only staggered back a step. Wow, either I was really weak or he was really strong.
     "Aww, you're so cute!" He exclaimed as he took his hand and completely messed up my hair. I shot him a death glare. "Let's get home before I die of hunger," Stiles suggested. I nodded and fixed my hair as best as I could while we walked to his car.