EddMatt One-Shot 2: Beauty is a Prison

"Fucking hideous..." Matt cried to himself as he used a shard of his now broken mirror to slice up his arms. "You'll never have a true love...You're just a fake...You're so disgusting...How could anyone ever love you...?" he glared at himself in the mirror shard. He sliced a few more times on the opposite arm and then bandaged himself up, slipping his hoodie and overcoat on. He smacked his cheeks lightly and put on a smile. A fake smile. A smile he had to use to mask the pain. A smile he hated. A smile he used to shield his pain from his friends. A smile he used to keep Edd from worrying. A smile he planned to die with.

--------------------------------

Matt had been hiding his depression and cutting himself fairly well, but Edd caught wind of it one day when he heard a crash from Matt's room.

"Matt, are you okay?!" Edd yelled as he ran into Matt's room. He stood there in shock. Matt was standing at a broken mirror, his fist bleeding and tears streaming down his face. Edd took a step closer. "Matt...?" he asked, hesitant to get any closer, "Are...Are you okay?"

Matt dropped to his knees, his face in his hands and making soft whimpers. A shaky "...n-no..." could be heard through all the crying. When Edd sat on the floor with Matt, he saw scars and scabbed-over cuts on both Matt's upper arms and forearms. Edd put an arm around Matt, resting his head on the ginger's soft hair. He kissed the top of Matt's head in an attempt to comfort him. Matt sighed and rested his head on Edd's chest.

"You wanna talk about it yet?" Edd smiled. Matt nodded, still a bit shaky.

"I-I'm sorry you had to see that...I just don't want you to ever see me hurt...If I'm gonna be completely honest, I..."

"You what?"

"I love you, Edd...And...And not like I love you like you're helping me, I really mean it...I want you to be my boyfriend...But I always kept having self-doubt...I wound up cutting myself because I didn't think you'd love me back...You're the one thing that stopped me from killing myself...You're the one thing that I can love more than myself...I want you to stay with me and be mine..."

"Matt..."

"Yeah, I know, I bet you don't love me back..."

"I thought I was gonna have to say it first~" Edd said with a slight laugh.

"Wh...What?"

"I love you too, Matt~ No matter how many scars you have~"

"Edd..."

"Just promise me one thing, okay?"

"What is it?"

"Stop hurting yourself."

"Wh...Okay..."

"Thank you...Honey~"

Matt smiled and pulled Edd into a kiss. Edd smiled and kissed back. The two laid on the floor kissing for a while until they heard the stairs creak. They pulled apart and saw Tom come up the stairs, followed by Tord. They both asked if Matt was okay, then left after a couple of minutes of comforting Matt.

"So..." Edd asked, "What do you wanna do, boyfriend~?"

"To be honest, I just wanna stay here and cuddle you...~"

Edd sighed with a smile. "Alright~"

Edd and Matt soon fell asleep with Matt literally on top of Edd.