Chapter Four

Clarke's POV-
Who is this Commander and why would they kill a kid? I was about to ask her when I hear screams coming from the small clearing we were just in. I try to go into the clearing but the girl grabs my arm as if to stop me. "You don't want to see what Gustus is doing to your guards" the girl says softly and sadly. "I apologise that this is happening to you, I know your people have shown no threat to us"

"What is happening?" I ask her. I stand up straight to show that I am not afraid but deep inside I am and I can't remove the fear from my eyes.

"Right now we are taking all of the children to Polis, the Commander wants you all to grow up there. She wants to take you away from your families and then exterminate them" she says. I look at her shocked.

"Your Commander wants to kill the people on the arc?" I ask her. She nods her head slightly.

"I do not want this to happen. I will hopefully become the next commander" she says. I look at her confused:

"You? The next commander? How old are you?" I ask. A chuckle leaves her lips.

"I am fifteen, I have been training to be commander since I was seven. I am a night blood which means I am qualified to become commander" she explains to me but I still don't understand. I ignore the noise from the clearing because I know there is no getting away from this girl.

"What's a night blood?"

"A person who has black blood" she says simply. But it's not simple at all, I haven't heard of anyone that has black blood. It's just not logical.

"I don't believe you" I say. The girl takes a knife from her belt. She puts her hand forward, she then digs the knife into one of her fingers. Black blood starts oozing out. "Okay, I didn't want you to cut yourself"

"I've felt worse pain" she says with a smile. How is that something to be proud of?

"What's your name?" I ask suddenly. Her face softens.

"Lexa" she says simply.

"No last name?" I ask. She shakes her head. "Okay well, I'm Clarke Griffin and those children in the clearing are my friends, please don't hurt them"

"The night bloods won't hurt the children, they only plan to take down the guards and then take you to Polis"

"When you say take down, you mean they are going to kill the guards, don't you Lexa?" I ask her. She gives me an apologetic look.

"LEXA WHERE ARE YOU" a girls voice yells out. Lexa takes my arm into hand and pulls me into the clearing. The three guards that were with us were dead. I didn't know the guards well but they were still my people. "There you are, did this on run away?"

"No, Luna." Lexa says. Lexa lets go of my arm and I join the others. Raven comes up to me.

"They killed the guards, where did you go?" Raven asks. I shift uncomfortably where I'm standing.

"That Lexa girl, she didn't want me to see what happened here. I don't know why she chose me"

Clexa - Life Should Be About More Than Just Surviving On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara