Chapter Thirty-Three

Lexa's POV-
"Hello Clarke" I say to the blonde haired girl who walked into my tent without permission.

"Hey" she says softly. "I'm ready to make an alliance" she says trying to hide a smirk forming on her lips. I lean forward.

"What was that?"

"I am chancellor" she says plainly. "I say that I'm ready to make an alliance but I have to wait for the majority vote from the people" Clarke explains. While she's saying this I can't help but look at her beauty, she's more confident and she looks happy.

"I understand, you're being a good leader" I say softly. She looks at me surprised. "Did you think I'd be angry Clarke? I can't get angry at you"

"You still have feelings for me?" She asks, her eyes meet mine.

"What does it matter if I have feelings for you Clarke, you love someone else" I mutter. "I'm not going to get in the way of you and Finn" I say with a sad smile. Clarke's eyes drop to the floor. "Anyway our relationship is purely political now, nothing else" I say putting on a hard face. I don't want to show my emotions because she will know how much it pained me to say that. She looks at me angrily.

"You'd think that we would at least be friends Lexa, after all I really talked you up to my people" Clarke snaps. I turn away from her and sit on the smaller version of my throne chair.

"You need to learn to hide your emotions Clarke, to be a good lea..." I begin to say but I get interrupted.

"I don't need your advice, if your pissing me off I don't want to hide that" Clarke snaps.

"I'm sorry, I don't want you to be angry with me"

"But your hurt, hurt that I'm with someone else? Right, because you wouldn't have said that if I felt the same way and if you weren't hurt" she says stepping in front of me. I stand up and get close to her.

"Okay maybe I haven't stopped thinking about you for five years, even when I tried to move on. Even when I was with someone else you were still there, in my mind" I step closer to her and she steps back.

"I can't talk about this" Clarke says calmly. I look down at her hands and notice she is wearing the bracelet.

"Tell me something Clarke, would you still be wearing that bracelet if you didn't have feelings for me" I say I step closer to her and this time she doesn't step back. She looks down at her wrist and back at me.

"I got your letter" she mutters before walking out.