Chapter Thirty-Five

Lexa's POV-
Clarke's visit left me confused. I know she came to tell me that she became chancellor but someone else could have come and informed me. I am also confused on why she is still wearing the bracelet. She claims that she doesn't have feelings for me but she wears a bracelet with my name on it. Octavia walks into my tent after i give her permission to come in. "Your horse is ready Heda, it's time to go back to Polis"

"Okay, thank you Octavia" I say before following her out of the tent. "You know you are allowed to call me Lexa, I see you as a close friend"

"I know, but i'm trying to keep up your reputation. I don't want just anyone calling you Lexa" Octavia replies. "I see you as a good friend too"

Flashback-

Two years earlier-

"I'm sorry Commander, I tried everything to get her back." Octavia says with tears in her eyes. "I fought so hard to get to her but they made me watch" Octavia says with pain all over her face. She has been mentally scarred, I can tell. I believed that she tried everything she could. She's nearly infront of me but she is looking me straight in the eye as she speaks.

"Why did they send you back?" I ask emotionlessly when in reality i am just as damaged as Octavia. I had woken up that morning with Costia's head in a box at the end of my bed.

"I woke up in the tower this morning, I don't know how i got there" Octavia says before bowing her head. "I understand if you sentence me to death commander. I failed you." She says. She doesn't beg for her life, it's almost as if she has given up. I examine her, she has cuts and bruises all over her exposed skin and one of her eyes are swallen. She has been tortured.

"What kind of Commander do you think i am Octavia?" I say with a sigh. I stand up so that i am directly in front of her. "Stand up" I stay sternly. She stands up straight away, she is slightly shorter than me usually but the limp in her leg makes her shorter because of the way she is standing. "Did they torture you? Tell me the truth"

"Sha Heda (Yes Commander)" Octavia says, she doesn't lose eye contact. She is strong. "I didn't tell them anything and neither did Costia while I was there"

"Thank you" I say. "I will get Lincoln to help you with your injuries. He is young but he is a very good healer, you may like him" I say giving her a small smile.

*

I walk into Octavia's room, Octavia gives me a small smile. "Hello Octavia"

"What are you doing here Commander?" Octavia asks confused. I sit in the chair next to Octavia's bed. Octavia sits up and looks at me.

"I want to create an alliance with the sky people, it will take a while but i think you can help me" I say. "And I wanted to say thank you, you've shown me that you can be trusted. All of my guards would go out of their way to save me but none will go out of their way to save Costia and not only that you were tortured and you didn't crack. Not even half of my guards are as strong as that"

Octavia sits up straight and brings her hand to her rib in pain but she doesn't complain. "I know you, Clarke was a friend of mine and she spoke about you wanting peace and you are part of the reason i stayed. I wanted to help you achieve peace because i believed in that myself" Octavia explains. "And I will help you with your alliance. I will tell you about Abby Griffin, we can work on it but first you need to finish this war with Azgeda"

"The war will end with queen Nia's death " I reply. I now saw myself beheading the ice queen because that is exactly what she deserves. "I also came here to offer you my friendship, do you accept?"

"Yes Commander"

"Call me Lexa"

End of Flashback

I riding to Polis with Octavia by my side. Octavia is highly impatient so she has to tell jokes or stories. "Knock knock" she says. I roll my eyes. Not another knock knock joke.

"Who's there?" I ask.

"Cows go."

"Cows go who?"

"No silly cows go moo" Octavia lets out a laugh, A smile appears on my face. "Okay that was baaaad"

"Octavia, just stop" I say laughing.

"Look linc, i made the Heda laugh" Octavia says to her boyfriend who is riding behind us. "Okay, i'll tell you an old earth story..."

She started telling a story of a boy called Harry Potter which was pretty interesting. She claimed that it was true but we all knew she was lying. She wrapped up the story just before we got to Polis.