Chapter Forty-Four

Clarke's POV-
After greeting each leader of each clan Lexa decides to take me to her room to talk things over. I sit on the double couch and she sits next to me with her handss gripping on to mine. "I am commander..." she begins and i cut her off because i already know what she is going to say.

"I know Lexa, we need to keep this relationship secret so they don't think you agreed to this because you're in love with me" I state. Lexa looks down at our hands and nods. "I'm not mad Lexa, i understand. I love you, I will always try to understand" i mutter. Lexa looks up at me and smiles, something that she rarely does.

"I just can't risk it" she whispers.

"I know, me either. I also have my people to think about" I say. Lexa nods understandingly. I put my hand on her cheek and kiss her softly. A smile re-appears on her lips as i pull away. She rests her forehead against mine.

"I want you, only you Clarke. I love you and that's the way it has always been" Lexa says as her green eyes gaze into my blue ones. I pull her in for another kiss.

"I love you too"

*

Lexa's POV-

"When is the offical ceremony?" Clarke asks.

"There is a dinner tonight, tomorrow i let the leaders have some time in Polis, tomorrow night we have a party. The next day you need to tell the leaders what you are willing to put into the alliance, what you have to give and the next night will be the ceremony if they agree to skaikru being in the coalition" I explain to her. Clarke looks at me with wide eyes and worry. I let out a soft chuckle and wrap my arms around her waist. "There is nothing to worry about Hodness (love)"

"My mother made every grounder hate skaikru. Im her daughter..."

"You may be her daughter but you have different beliefs. You are a stronger leader and you were born for this. Skaikru has so much to bring to the coalition. You bought your best mechanic who can explain what technology is needed to defeat the mountain and Azgeda. You have more knowledge on medicene then all of my healers" I say. I feel her begin to relax.

"I also know how to turn reapers back" she says. I look at her shocked. "It's simple, they are using some type of drug. All you have to do is stop them from taking the drug, this will cause withdrawls which may stop their heart but with a high enough electrical current their heart can start beating again"

"You're brilliant"