Chapter 31

Clary's pov-

I woke up laying against a hard chest. I smiled when I opened my eyes and looked up at Jace's face. It looked so much more relaxed when he was sleeping.

After a little while longer his eyes slowly opened and looked down at me. I crawled up to him and pressed my lips gently against his for a moment.

"Hi." He whispered softly. "Hey." I responded. His eyes gazed over my face as a frown formed. "What's wrong?" I asked. "Do you remember what today is?" I felt my eyes start to water once I realized. "We leave today."

The tears threatened to spill out but Jace stopped me "hey, hey, hey, no tears yet. We still have like 6 hours!" He said with a sad smile.

We spent another hour just cuddling in bed until we had to get up. Once we did get up we finished packing and loaded boxes into our moving trucks. We still had about three hours before we need to head for the airport.

"Come on, I wanna take you somewhere." Jace said. He grabbed my hand and pulled me to the car.

We drove for fifteen minutes until he pulled up to a cliff. He got out and opened my door, took my hand, and led me to the edge which had water below it. We sat down and enjoyed the view.

"Do you remember last time we were here?" I asked Jace. "I took you on a breakfast date and then we came here after. Then I jumped off the cliff into the water and after a lot of convincing you finally jumped in. You had the biggest smile your face. It was adorable." Jace said.

At this point I was blushing so hard. An idea popped into my head to distract from my blushing face. "Wanna make on more memory before we have to leave?" I slowly strip down into my underwear and walk toward the edge.

I turn towards him and say "Try not to  take to long joining me down there". I turn back and jump off. I feel the rush of air around me before I'm engulfed in water. When I surface I look up and see Jace looking over the edge.

"Clary! You scared the shit out of me!" He yelled down. "Strip and get your ass down here!" I yelled back. He laughed and disappeared from my view.

All the sudden he jumped off the cliff and landed next to me with a splash. He didn't come up and I started to get worried.

Suddenly I was pulled back into a rock hard chest. I gasped as Jace's hand wrapped around my waist. He leaned over and kissed my neck up and down.

I leaned my head back onto his shoulder. "I love you." he mumbled against my neck. "I love you too." I whispered back.

Jace moved his handed to hold my hips but I squirmed a little since it tickled. "What the hell was that?" Jace asked with a smirk. "What! That tickled!" I whined. He smirked again and started to tickle me more.

I splashed around in the water until he eventually stopped. I turned around in his arms and wrapped my legs around him. I put my arms around his neck and hugged him tight.

"I'm gonna miss you." I said quietly. "Me too baby, me too." He said back.

We climbed out of the water and back up to the car. We laid down in the sun on a picnic blanket, cuddled together. We waited for our underwear to dry while we talked.

It was about an hour once our clothes dried so we got dressed and went to get some ice cream before heading home.

Then the time came. Izzy, Simon, Jace and I put our suitcases in the car. My mom and Luke were going to drive us to the airport. Izzy and I were on our way to Yale, and Jace and Simon to Stanford.

Hopefully Jace and Simon don't end up killing each other. Fingers crossed.

During the drive Izzy and Simon crawled into the third row of seats and Jace and I took the second. We stayed in each other's arms during the whole drive, trying to memorize the feel and hold onto it.

When we got to the airport, we made our emotional goodbye to my parents. Our two families were really like one big family. Then we made our way into the airport.

We went through security together then Jace and Simon walked us to our gate. I said goodbye to Simon first as Izzy said goodbye to Jace.

I started crying while saying goodbye to Simon. Simon went over to Izzy and Jace walked towards me.

I lurched forward into his arms. "I don't want to leave you." I said as tears ran down my face. "I know babe, I don't want to leave you either." He kissed my forehead and held me for a little while longer.

"Promise me we'll make it out of this." I said looking up at him. He held my face in his hands "I promise. You don't think I'll let you go that easy do you Fray?" He said with a sad smirk.

He kissed me gently and whispered "I love you." against my lips. "I love you too."

"FaceTime me tonight. I love you baby. Have a safe flight." Jace said before walking away to his gate.

I got on the plane with Izzy and looked out the window.

This isn't goodbye. It won't be. It can't be.

That was it. The last chapter. *weeps* it's been an amazing journey and I'm sorry for the break that I had to take but I love all of you so much. I'm not sure if I want to do a sequel or if I'm just going to right an epilogue and end it there. Let me know what you guys want. Either DM me or leave a comment.

Bye Angels. It's been a great ride,
😘😘