Chapter 27

Clary's pov-

I drove myself to school today and didn't think about it till I was walking in but....Jace's locker is right next to mine.

When I walked in I almost died. Again I could feel my heart physically hurting. Jace had Kailey pressed up against his locker, kissing her face off like it was his life support.

They pulled away from each other and she noticed me. She smirked and he looked over. He kept a straight face but his eyes almost looked sorry. Kailee pulled his arm around her shoulders as they walked away.

It actually felt like someone was killing me. All day, I saw him everywhere, I could see there faces in the huge crowd in the hallways during passing time. It killed me to think that he was already moved on.

Later that day when I got home, I felt sick. I ran into the bathroom and started throwing up. Someone came in and held my hair back while rubbing circles on my back. When I finished I leaned back. Jon gave me a sympathetic look. I rinsed out my mouth and brushed my teeth. This breakup was literally making me sick.

Jon had to leave for a meeting with a teacher since his practice was cancelled. When he left I cried. My eyes were puffy and red and there were tear marks on my face.

The doorbell rang so I got up to get it. When I opened it I was shocked. "Jace..." I said breathlessly. He kept his eyes looking at the ground to the side. "I came to get my jacket." He said flatly still not making eye contact. "Oh, um ya it's in my room I'll go get it." I said with sad voice.

When I got back with the jacket, I held it out to him. He still kept his eyes down and he took it from me. "What? You hate me so much you can't even look at me?" I asked as I started crying again. His eyes shot up at this.

"Is that what you think?" He asked. I nodded. "I can't look at you because when I do, all I want to do is run up to you and hug you and kiss away your tears and make everything right again. I don't hate you...I love you." More tears spilled out of my eyes.

"Your still wearing the necklace I gave you." He said. "I'm not ready to take it off yet." He nodded looking down.

"I just need to know why." He said looking up at me. I took a deep breathe and said "I didn't. I was waiting for you when he started talking to me. Then he pushed me up against the wall and kissed me and I wasn't strong enough to push him off. But when I heard you I pushed him harder then I thought possible."

"Wait so you didn't-" I shook my head no. Then he did the opposite of what I expected. He started laughing. "Of course, I jumped to conclusions and now I've fucked everything up!" He said.

He stopped laughing and turned towards me. He put his hand on my cheek and I leaned into. His thumb brushed away tears while he said "I'm so sorry Clary, if you'll have me, I'd like you to be my girlfriend again."

I nodded with a smile. As he leaned in and kissed me then when we pulled away he wrapped the jacket around me. "I believe this belongs to you." He said with a smirk. I laughed and pulled him inside.

We laid in my bed with my head on his chest and our legs intertwined. "It's only been three days but I missed you more than anything." He said with a kiss to the top of my head.

"Really? I thought you had Kailey to keep you company?" I said with disgust. "I only kissed her the time you saw, I felt so bad when I saw your face, I broke up with her after school." He said. I sighed in content.

This felt natural, in his arms, with our love surrounding us. This is my home.

I'm gonna miss this in college.

Bye Angels,
😘😘