Chapter 16

Clary's pov-

Beep...Beep...Beep

I slammed my hand down on the alarm clock. Today was finally Friday and I was looking forward to the weekend.

I quickly took a shower and dried my hair which left it naturally curly. I put on a white knitted sweater and an army green vest, with some black jeans and tan flats. I put on some mascara and eyeliner along with some light pink lip gloss.

I head downstairs and grab a granola bar. I get a text from Izzy saying she was on her way. She was picking me up because Jace and Jon had to go in early for a football thing and I didn't feel like driving. I went to wait outside for her and jumped in the car when she pulled up.

"Morning!" She said to me as I got in. "Hey!!" I replied while she drove away from my house. "So any plans for tonight?" I asked her curiously as we walked into the school. "Yep! Me and my man are going to a concert of one of his friends bands." I chuckled lightly at her title for Simon. "Any plans for you?" She asked as we got to our lockers.

I was about to reply when a familiar voice replied for me. "Yes she is hopefully accompanying me on a date?" Jace said with a questioning look towards me. I nodded and gave him a quick kiss. Izzy was about to reply when she saw Simon in the distance and ran off towards him.

"So where is this date taking place?" I asked as we walked to my first class together. He smirked and swung our conjoined hands. "You'll see, just don't dress up!" He said before giving me a quick kiss and running off to his class.

When it was finally time for lunch I went to my locker to put things away. I was met there by Jace. "Hey gorgeous." He said as he wrapped his arms around my waist. I could feel the heat rising in my cheeks so I hid my head in his neck. I breathed in his scent that I love so much. He smelled like...Jace!

I felt him chuckle as he said "Are you sniffing me?" "Yes and you smell delicious!" I purred into his ear as I nibbled it gently. I pulled away and giggled. "Well I'm hungry so let's get me some food before I eat you!" I laughed as I said it.

I pulled him into the lunch room and to our table in a hurry. "What's the rush?" Izzy asked as she observed my behavior. "I'm starving!" I replied. Jace wrapped his arms around me from behind and whispered in my ear so only I could hear, "For the record, I'd be happy to let you eat me." I could practically hear the smirk in his voice as my face brightened.

We got food and sat down joining in on the conversation about random things. Izzy was now questioning the details of Jace and I's date. "Ok well if you won't tell me what your doing then at least tell me when she has to be ready by!" She demanded. "She needs to be ready by 6:00." Jace replied to her.

Izzy decided that she would be getting me ready and that I apparently had no choice on the matter. When we got to my house she took off my makeup and got ready to redo it. She left my hair how it was, lucky for me. She did a casual light makeup look with a deep red/maroon lipstick.

She went through my closet and finally picked an outfit with only twenty minutes to finish getting ready. I changed into the outfit and looked in the mirror. It was a maroon crop top with black high waisted jeans. It had a cream colored sweater jacket over it with some black flats for shoes.