Chapter 17

Clary's pov-

February. This is the time when all the seniors are on edge. We are almost all expecting acceptance or rejection letters from the colleges we applied to.

That's why tomorrow night we are having the senior lock-in. It's the way for seniors to escape the outside pressures for a night. We watch movies and hang out with friends all night.

Right now I'm hanging out with the lightwoods at their house. We were in the kitchen when Izzy decided to go check the mailbox again. We are all on edge waiting for the letters.

"Omg! Omg!! There here!!!" Izzy said running in with mail in hand. She handed one to Jace and they started ripping open the letters. "I got in! I got into Yale!!" Izzy yelled. I ran over to her and hugged her.

I looked over to Jace who was staring at his letter silently. "Babe? What does it say?" I asked him reluctantly. "They want to meet with me to talk about a full ride to play football for Stanford!" He said awestruck.

He came over to me and hugged me tightly. I hugged him back but he couldn't see that I didn't have a smile on my face. He pulled away and I put a fake smile on. He gave me a quick kiss and went out of the room to call Alec to tell him.

Izzy gave me a look. "What?" I asked. "You haven't told him yet, have you?" She asked me. "I couldn't beside I haven't even for sure gotten in and if not my back up was Stanford which I got into so I could choose to go to Stanford." I haven't told Jace that I applied to Yale along with Izzy. If I get into Yale, I will be all the way across the country from him.

My phone rang cutting Izzy off from replying. It was my mom. "Hi mom!" "Hey Clary! Can you head home right now please?" She asked me. "Sure I'll be home soon." I replied and then hung up the phone.

Jace came in with a huge smile on his face and I felt my heart clench. "Hey. My mom wants me home so I'll see you tomorrow afternoon for the lock-in." I said. "Ok, I'll pick you up at 4:45." He said before giving me a kiss.

I drove home and went inside. Mom, Jon, and Luke we all standing in the kitchen with smiles on there faces.

"What's going on?" I questioned curiously. "It came!! You're letter from Yale came!!" My mom yelled jumping up and down excitedly. I ran over to her and quickly tore open the envelope.

Dear Clarissa fray,

Congratulations! You have been accepted-

That's all I had to read before I started screaming!!! "I got in!! I got in!!" After I gave hugs and was making loose plans with mom realization hit me and I stopped smiling.

"What's wrong Clary?" Jon asked. "Jace." I said before running to my room. I sat on my bed crying and thinking about what the future would hold for our relationship. Would we be able to handle long distance? Would Jace leave me for another girl? I thought about these questions until I finally fell asleep.

I woke and I saw that it was almost noon. I grabbed some breakfast/lunch and started packing for the lock-in. Once I had my overnight bag ready, I thought about what I would tell Jace.

I couldn't think to long because he and Izzy were here to pick me up. I got in the car and tried to act normal. I stayed quiet through most of the car ride. Izzy's talking covered it up but Jace kept looking over at me with a questioning look.

We got to the lock-in and I was about to walk inside with Izzy when Jace pulled me back. "Are you ok?" He asked me. "Ya! I'm fine, why wouldn't I be?" I replied. He just nodded unsurely and walked with me inside.

We met up with Simon and Izzy and we're all just sitting on the floor by my locker hanging out. "Hey Clary, let's go get snacks." Izzy said before pulling me up.

As we were walking I started talking. "I got in." I said without a smile. "You got into Yale! That's great." Izzy replied. "No it's not! What if Jace and I don't last with long distance?!" I said to her. "You need to talk to him. I'll tell him to find you by the janitors closet." She said before grabbing the snacks we bought and leaving.

I walked over to the closet and waited for Jace. Soon enough I saw him approaching me. "Clary what's wrong?! Izzy said you had something big to tell me!" He said frantically.

I grabbed his hand and pulled him into the closet. When I turned to face him I felt tears running down my face. "Babe?" He said lovingly while wiping the tears away. "I'm just so scared your going to leave me." I said sadly. "Oh my gosh, are you pregnant? It's ok I'll be right here through it all." He said shockingly. I lightly laughed. "No I'm not pregnant."

"It's about college." I said. "What about college, you already got into Stanford." He said confused. "Jace I just need you to listen and not talk at all because if you interrupt me, I don't know if I'll be able to start again." He nodded reluctantly.

"I lied to you when I said I was going to Stanford. Stanford was my back up. I also applied to Yale. Yale is my dream school but Stanford is where you are and you are my dream life." I paused. By now I was crying even harder and I could barely get the words out.

"I got a letter from Yale yesterday. I got in. But if I go there we will be all the way across the country from each other. I don't want to lose you! I won't go. I'll go to Stanford if it means being with you. I'll give up Yale-" he cut me off.

"Clary, you are going to Yale. You worked your butt off to get into that school. It's going to be hard not getting to kiss your beautiful face everyday but we will FaceTime and we can do weekend trips. You are going to go to Yale and be amazing. I am going to go to Stanford and work so hard to try to be as amazing as you and we are going to make it through. I promise." I just nodded and hugged him tightly. "I love you." I whispered to him. "More than anything." He replied back.

Right then I knew, we are going to make it through. We have to.

Bye Angels,
😘😘