Chapter 28

I'll let you know when to play the song.
Clary's pov-

Izzy came over this morning to start getting ready for prom. We ate some waffles first, so we didn't have to stop to get food.

We went up stairs and she started on my hair. She curled it and pinned the front pieces back.

Then she worked on her hair. She pulled it completely up into a tight sock bun on top of her head.

For my makeup she did a navy smokey eye with a light pink, natural lip stick. For herself she did a black smokey eye with light pink lips.

I put on my dress with Izzy's help. My dress was navy blue, floor length with an exposed section between the top and the bottom. I really like it.

Izzy put hers on next. Her's was a strapless, black and silver, floor length dress with a sweetheart neckline. She looked beautiful.

I was nervous. I didn't know if Jace would like my dress or not. Would he think I looked pretty? Would he not like how I looked? I took a few breathes to calm myself down.

Ok clary, Jace loves you. He's gonna love how you look too.

Aline came to the house after we were finished getting ready. The boys were meeting us here. Simon got here and his jaw dropped when he saw Izzy.

Next, Jace and Jon arrived. I didn't miss the way that Jace's eyes scanned over my whole body before returning to my eyes with a grin. "Hey." He said softly. "Hi" I replied. "You look absolutely stunning, Clary." He muttered quietly.

He gave me a white rose corsage to go with my dress. "Thank you." I said with a bright smile.

We got dinner at takis and then headed to the dance.

We walked in and the energy immediately hit us. Everyone was dancing and having an amazing time.

We soon joined in with the dancing. For one night, we had nothing to worry about.

No school; no college coming up; no graduation; no moving away; nothing to worry about at all.

(Play song)

They played a slow song and Jace pulled me close to him.

I looked at his face, at his beautiful smile, at his amazing cheekbones and his gorgeous golden locks. I looked up into his eyes. God I love those eyes. They are like golden stars and I could stare into them all day. But the more I did the more that reality came back to me.

These would be the eyes I'd have to say goodbye to soon. We will be leaving for college soon enough. This is our last high school dance, our last prom, our last time before graduation that our whole class will be together.

I could feel my eyes start watering. Jace immediately noticed, "Baby, what's wrong?" He asked sweetly. "I just realized that we will be leaving soon, I'm just gonna miss this so much." I said quickly stopping my tears from ruining my make up.

"Babe, everything is going to fine ok? We may be leaving but we will always be together." He said comforting me. I nodded and hugged him tightly.

He hugged back equally as tight. It seemed as if we were trying to hold the other from escaping. I didn't want to let go. When the song ended we pulled away. " I love you" he mouthed almost as if he was afraid to use his voice because it was to weak. "I love you" I mouthed back.

We walked off of the dance floor and he pulled something out of his pockets. He held up a hotel room key. I gave him an 'are you kidding me' look. "I got this because I want you all to myself with no interruptions. No sex, just us being together. I mean we could if you want to, but I'm fine without." I grinned while laughing lightly and kissed him softly. "Sounds perfect." I replied.

We left the dance shortly after that and headed to the hotel. The room he got us was big and gorgeous. Izzy had packed me a bag with clothes and things because apparently she knew about this.

We sat in the bath for a while together just talking about random things. We got out and got dressed. I put on some shorts and a sports bra, got ready for bed, then crawled in. Jace got in next to me with just pj pants on.

I laid down onto his toned chest and felt the warmth radiating off his body.

"Jace?" I said.

"Yeah?" He responded.

I paused for a moment. "Never mind."

He sat up on his elbow and looked at me brushing a piece of hair out of my face and behind my ear. "What is it, beautiful?" He asked.

"Are you worried? About what's going to happen when we leave? Do you think we'll make it?" I asked hesitantly as I laid my head back on his chest.

"Honestly, I don't know babe. But what I do know-" he said as he gently stroked my hair  "-is that I love you, and that no matter what I'm going to fight for you. I'm not going to leave you, and if you decide that you want to see someone else I will let you go because all I will ever want is for you to be happy. We will take it one step at a time, but for now we are going to spend as much time as we can together before we have to go. And you're going to stop worrying about this because there is nothing we can do until we get there. Ok?" He kissed my forehead gently.

"Ok" I replied sleepily. His words replayed in my head as I drifted to sleep. Take it one step at a time. That's all we could do.

Bye Angels,
😘😘