Chapter 25

I will tell you when to play the song 😊 enjoy!
Clary's pov-

It's spring, my favorite time of the year. The weather is beautiful, the flowers are blooming, and most importantly....

PROM!

It's all I could think about, but it doesn't seem like Jace even remembered.

We were laying in his bed and I was thinking of a way to bring it up to him. Maybe I should just blurt it out...or maybe I could get the idea subtly into his head. I opened my mouth to bring it up but he beat me to it.

"So are we going to prom?" He asked nonchalantly. What?! Was that his way of asking?! "Is that supposed to be you asking me?" I asked with a "try again" look.

He huffed like it was so difficult to ask and said "Will you go to prom with me?" "Not if you ask like that!" I said before stomping out of the room, then I realized I forgot something.

I stomped back in trying to keep a scowl on my face. I stomped over to his side of the bed and gave him a quick kiss. "I will see you tomorrow night for our date." I said trying to still be mad. I then turned around to stomp back out.

I heard him laughing in the room behind me and he yelled out "Your cute when your trying to be mad." I yelled back "I am mad." "Love you!" He yelled out. "Ya whatever!" I said before stomping out of the house and into my car.

Jace's pov-

I was laying in bed trying to come up with an idea of how to ask clary to prom. She was right, she deserved something as amazing as her.

I finally came up with an idea and I got some people to help me.

--------------time break--------------

I drove to clary's house to pick her up for our "date". She got in the car and still acted kind of upset. "Awe babe, are you still mad at me?" I said with a slight laugh. She just looked the other way. I playfully rolled my eyes and started driving.

We pulled up to the school right out side the football field. She turned to me with a questioning look. "I left my bags on the field after practice, I just need to grab them." She nodded. I went inside and got in my spot.

(Play song)
Clary's pov-

It had been a while since Jace had gone in and I wondered what was taking so long. I then got a text from him asking me to come help.

When I walked in the gate two of Jace's teammates were standing in front of me. One had a poster and the other had three roses.

The poster said "If I didn't have you I would lock my self in my room," That reminded me of when Jace and I got together. They handed me the poster and the roses and I kept walking, I saw two more teammates in the same set up.

This poster said "I wouldn't have any one to "protect" during scary movies," I laughed at this one. Again they handed me three roses and the poster.

The next one said "I wouldn't have anyone to wear my jacket," I smiled at the memory of that. They handed me the poster and roses and I saw the next one. By now tears were streaming down my face.

This one said "and I wouldn't have anyone to go to prom with." They handed me the stuff and behind them was Jace holding a poster that said "PROM?" with a final three roses. I ran to him and jumped up to hug him.

He set me back down and said "So is that a yes?" "If you ask like that then of course it is!" I kissed him hard but stopped when I heard wolf howls and whistles from his teammates that were around us.

Izzy came out of the crowd and hugged me tightly. "Yay!!! You said yes!" She said as I laughed. "Of course I did!"

We stayed there for a little while longer just talking to everyone and thanking them for helping. Jace and I went back to my house because my parents weren't home.

I ran up to my room, put my posters away, and put my roses in a vase on my desk. When I came back down Jace was sitting on the couch playing on his phone.

I walked in front of him and took his phone out of his hand. I set it on the coffee table and then moved to straddle his lap. I kissed him hard before pulling away just looking at him.

"I love you so much." I said quietly. He replied with a kiss then said "I love you too beautiful." My cheeks blushed at the name he called me.

I grabbed his hand and pulled him upstairs to my room.

Hey! If we have an empty house why not use it...

Bye Angels,
😘😘