Chapter 2

Three years fast forward senior year around homecoming.

Clary's pov-

I wake up to Jon knocking on my door. "Clary get up your going to be late!" Finally he just comes in and pulls me out of bed. "Fine I'm up, I'm up!" "Good because you have 30 minutes to get ready." "What?!?! Ugh ok well then get out!" I say to him while pushing him out of the room.

I get dressed in a black t-shirt and some jeans. I grab a jacket and finish getting ready in the bathroom as I get a text from Izzy-

Hey do you and Jon want to spend the night tonight?

Izzy and I have been pretty much inseparable since freshman year. Which also means I have to be around Jace the whole time. Ugh I like him so much but he doesn't even notice me. Beside he's Izzy's brother and I don't want her to think I only hang out with her for him. That just happens to be a nice addition to hanging out with her.

"Clary let's go!" Jon says snapping me out of my thoughts. "Coming!" I yell back. I text Izzy that we can and that we will talk at school. I run down the step of the house and get into the passenger seat of the car. I could drive my own but we're saving the environment! Ok maybe I'm just to lazy.

It's about a 10 minute drive to school. When we get there I see Izzy and Simon talking outside the school. They've been a thing for about 2 months now. I hear Izzy squealing and hugging Simon. "Hey guys, what's all this about?" "Simon just asked me to homecoming and I said yes!!!" Izzy said enthusiastically. "Wow that's great!"

"So Clary do you have a date? Are you going to go with Jace?" Simon asks. My cheeks heat up with the mention of that name. "What?! W-why would I go with Jace?" I say cursing myself for stuttering. "Oh come on Clary, I see how you look at him and get all nervous when you talk to him. But I can tell that you backed off because of our friendship... Well not anymore, you should go for it!" "No he doesn't like me like that so let's just drop it!" I say and walk away hoping not to run into Jace on the way.

I quickly get my books and go to first period. Izzy, Jace and Simon all come in together and sit at our table with me. We are like 5 minutes early so we are talking.

"So Jace did you ask anyone to homecoming?" Izzy says with a smirk. Ugh I know exactly what she doing. "No because the girl I want to ask probably doesn't want to go with me." He says with a sad face. "Are you kidding? Every single girl at this school wants to go to homecoming with THE Jace Herondale! You are the star quarterback of the team! You and Jon are like the most wanted guys in this school." I say immediately wishing I didn't when I see the smirk on his face. "Does that mean even you Red?" He asks. "N-no! I don't even want to go to homecoming." I say while again cursing myself for stuttering.

Luckily the teacher walks in right then so we have to stop talking. This day is going to be so long!

----------------Time break-----------------
Izzy's pov-

Clary and Jon just got here for this weekend and I'm going to get Clary and Jace together but  I need Jon's help. "Jon can I talk to you for a second?" I say and walk upstairs before waiting for an answer. I hear him following and I go down the hall to the last room.

"Hey what did you want to talk about?" Jon says. "Ok I need your help. Clary totally likes Jace, it's obvious!" "I know and I can tell Jace likes her. He always asks about her and looks at her like she's the only girl in the world!" He says. "We have to get them together, and I have a plan!" I then tell him my plan which has to work.