Chapter 9

Two weeks later

Jace's pov-

I don't know how long I've been out but I keep hearing many people coming in and crying. The worst of all, Clary has been by everyday. At least I know she's physically ok. I can tell it's tearing her apart inside. Every time she's here I try to open my eyes or move but I can't.

I hear the door open and shut. Someone sits down next to the bed. The person grabs my hand and a familiar spark tells me that it's Clary. "Hey babe. It's been two weeks since our accident. I really miss you so please wake up soon." She says. I hear he crying. I want to comfort her so I try my best to squeeze her hand.

"Oh my god. Jace did you just squeeze my hand!" I do it again to prove she didn't just imagine it. I try to open my eyes, they slowly open and I blink to adjust to the light. I hear Clary call the doctors in. "Ok Jace. How are you feeling?" The doctor asked. "Like I really want to talk to my girlfriend...alone!" The doctor laughed at this. "Fine, we'll give you ten minutes but then I have some question I have to ask. Then we can let your family see you."

The doctor and the nurse leave and Clary practically jumps on me. "I'm so happy your ok!" I smile and kiss her passionately. I've missed her so much. She pulls away and slaps me hard on the arm. "Ow what was that for?" I ask. "Why would you swerve the car like that? You could've been killed!" She says. I brush a piece of hair behind her ear. "I just didn't want you to get hurt." I say. "It would've hurt me if you died though." She replies. "It would've hurt me to know you were injured." I say. She leans up to kiss me but Izzy barges through the door.

"Jace your awake!!" She hugs me tightly and soon after Alec and Maryse follow behind her. "I missed you too but I was kinda in the middle of something Iz!" I motion towards Clary and she blushes.

-----------------time break-----------------

Clary's pov-

Two days have passed. It's Saturday morning and Jace is being discharged. I went up to his to get him but his bed was empty. Then the bathroom door open to reveal a shirtless Jace. His defined chest and abs. "Like what you see?" He asked with a smirk. "Yes the door to the bathroom is beautiful!" She said. "Right 'cause that's what you were looking at." He replies with a laugh.

He puts his shirt on, much to my disappointment, and wraps his arms around my waist. I put mine around his neck. "Let's go out today. Just you and me?" He says. "Nope!" "Why?" he questions in return. "Because your supposed to be resting but I'm not opposed to laying in bed all day while binge watching Netflix and eating food." I say. He chuckles and says "Ok deal!" With that we head to his house.

When we get there, he pulls me into the kitchen. We make two bags of popcorn and put it into a big bowl. We also grab some whoppers since they are my favorite candy and junior mints since they are Jace's favorite. For drinks we get water because Jace insisted on having at least something remotely healthy. We carry everything up to his room and plop down on the bed.

We start watching The Office. Since we both have watched through season 2 we start at season 3. After watching that season we decide to watch a movie. I say I want to watch a scary movie but I know that it'll just end with me hiding in Jace's arms. We start watching The Chosen and it's horrifying. So as predicted I'm hiding in Jace's arms.

He turns off the movie half way through and I hate to admit it but I'm relieved. "Clary if you wanted to cuddle you could've just asked." He says with a smirk. "What to do now because we are not watching another movie like that... your to scared." He says. "I am not!!" I say appalled. "Yes you are. Anyway, what are we going to do now?" He says with a smirk. He moves so I'm underneath him and his lips are close to mine. "We could do this." I say as I lean up.

Right as our lips are about to meet there is a knock at the door. "Clary, Jace! Luke and Jocelyn are here. We are all having dinner. Hurry up and get down here, fully dressed before they suspect something!" She yells. "Again Izzy, really you interrupt again!" Jace's says although I'm sure Izzy can't hear him. "To be continued!" I say. I give him a quick peck on the lips before getting up and checking that I look presentable.

We head downstairs for dinner and I realize, this is the first dinner that Jace and I will have with my parents since we've been a couple! God I hope it goes ok!

Bye Angels,
😘😘