Chapter 24

Clary's pov-

"Jon?!" I said back as I turned around. I looked in the bed and saw my brother -who usually isn't looking back- looking back at me with a small smile on his face. "Oh my gosh! Jon! You're ok! You're awake!" I said as I ran to hug him.

As I was about to hug him it occurred to me that he was hurt so I hugged him gently so I wouldn't hurt him worse. I then quickly went to get the doctor so he would know that Jon was awake.

He did a routine checkup on Jon, "Everything looks good, I want to keep you overnight just in case, but then I think you're ready to go home Jon!" He told us.

Two days later-

I quickly opened the front door so Jon could walk in. The doctor had discharged him but he was going to be on crutches for a month.

The lightwoods had come over to see him and welcome him home. We went into the kitchen where everyone was. When they saw Jon they came up to give hugs. It was adorable how excited Jace and Jon were to see each other but Aline clearly held the position of most excited.

Everyone talked for a while and hung out but Jon said he was feeling tired so he was gonna take a nap. Jace being Jace, he had to joke "How could you be tired , you slept for that long?!" Everyone left and I took Jon upstairs.

He sat in his bed and patted the spot on the mattress, next to him. I sat down and we started talking. "You know, most people when they live through things like this, want to live life to the fullest" he paused "but I don't, I could've died! I'm actually scared to go anywhere now, I'm worried that something like this will happen to me again."

"Jon, the chances of that happen are very little. Yes, you had a scary thing happen to you. Yes, you could've died. But the point is you didn't Jon! You could've died but you woke up! That's why you live life to the fullest now, because you could've died but you fought hard and you woke up." I said to him.

"It's ok to be a little scared, but this is a very rare thing, that probably isn't going to happen again. It's ok to be scared but don't let that fear rule your life." I continued.

After that I left his room.

The next morning, Jace and I went to pick up breakfast for everyone else. They were at our house, we were going swimming later on. I could tell just by looking at him that he was happier.

Everybody was, now that Jon is ok.

Bye Angels,
😘😘