Chapter 12

Clary's pov-

I woke up on Christmas Eve with light shining through the curtains into my eyes. When I tried to move, I discovered arms wrapped around my waist and that I was snuggled into someone's chest. I turned around in Jace's arms and was met with his eyes fluttering open.

"Good morning beautiful." He said with his voice still clouded with sleep. "Merry Christmas Eve." I said. We leaned in and just as our lips where about to touch there was a knock at the door. "WAKE UP LOVE-BIRDS!!! I NEED CLARY IMMEDIATELY!!! YOU HAVE FIVE MINUTES TO GET OUT HERE!!!" Izzy yelled. "That girl honestly always has the worst timing!" Jace said. I just rolled my eyes and laughed in response.

I moved to get out of bed but Jace grabbed my arm and pulled me back on top of him. "Just ignore her." He flipped us over and kissed me. "Jace, I-I can't s-she's gonna come back in here." I struggled to say while he sucked on the sweet spot on my neck. Just then Izzy burst through the door. "Quit making out!! We need you out here!" She pushed Jace off me and grabbed my wrist pulling me out of the bed.

Once we reached the living room, she made me sit on the couch. "Ok so in an hour we are going to the grocery store to get stuff to cook dinner for tonight, and yes you are helping make dinner!" She said when she saw my question in look. "The real question is why you are helping with dinner, Iz." Jace said from the doorway with a smirk. She glared at him. "I will be ready in an hour Izzy." I say.

I pull Jace out of the room to stop them from arguing. "It's Christmas can't you give her a break?!" I say to him with a glare. "If she helps with dinner tonight and it actually tastes good then I won't make any comments today or tomorrow." He says. I just roll my eyes and walk away.

The warm water of the shower feels so good but I remember that Izzy only gave me an hour. I get our and dry my hair. It falls into my natural curls and I decide to leave it. I get dressed in jeans and a cute, pink sweater with a cream scarf. I put on some boots that go with it and some light makeup. (Outfit in picture above). I grab my purse and go find Izzy.

"Ok let's go!" Magnus ends up tagging along. We get in the car and head to the store.

Alec's pov-

I sit and down with Jace and Simon on the couch and we start watching the football game then Clary, Magnus, and Izzy get back from the store. We can hear Izzy talking but none of us are paying attention because of the game.

Izzy's pov-

"Hello?! Boys?!" I throw my hands up in exasperation. "You just have to be able to speak boy Iz!" Clary said. "I'm taking my shirt off!" Clary yelled. Jace and Simon's  heads snapped over so fast they could of broken their necks. They frowned when they realized it wasn't true. "Groceries please!" Clary said. They groaned in aggravation but still complied.

"Sorry but my girl powers don't work on Alec...that's all Magnus." Clary said. Magnus walked over and stood in front of the tv. "Go help take in the groceries then you can continue watching." Alec reluctantly got up and helped take them in.

Clary's pov-

"Thanks babe!" I said to Jace. "You should repay me by actually taking off your shirt." He said with a smirk. I just patted his chest lightly and turned around saying with a wink "maybe later."

Izzy and I spent all day cooking while the boys watched football and screwed around.

We all sat down with our food and started our Christmas Eve dinner. We laughed and had a good time. I kinda wished my family was here but I was ok because I was with my other family. Jon was going to come but he and Aline have been dating and she asked him to go to her house for Christmas with her family so he couldn't come.

After dinner Izzy and I made the boys clean up because we cooked. Her and I relaxed on the couch with some hot cocoa as we talked about anything and everything. Eventually the boys finished and we sat down to open presents. We decided we would all open presents from our significant others in the morning and we would open the rest tonight.

We passed around the gifts and started opening them. I opened my one from Isabelle first and my face lit up bright red like a Christmas tree. She had gotten me some stuff I pointed out at Victoria Secret when we were Christmas shopping together. From Simon and Alec, I got some art supplies and from Magnus, I got a bedazzled phone case. "Thanks you guys!" I said.

After everyone finished giving gifts and thank you's we all went to bed. Jace had official abandoned his room and was now sharing with me. "You know you did tell me you would take off you shirt..." Jace said as he wrapped his arms around me. "Well I should keep true to my word shouldn't I." I responded with. Let's just say we both got an...extra Christmas present.

Bye Angels,
😘😘