Chapter 26

Clary's pov-

Izzy and I were in her room getting ready for a party tonight. Jace, Simon, Izzy and I were all going. I was wearing a tight, short, black dress with light makeup and black heels. Izzy was the same just in red since red is her color.

The boys were waiting downstairs when Izzy and I walked down. "Absolutely not! You are not wearing that!" Jace said. "And why not?" I asked. "Because guys will be staring at you!" He said. "So what? There's nothing wrong with them staring." I said defensively. He just rolled his eyes. "It's not like I'm going to do anything with them!" I said as I walk out to the car.

We arrive at the party and it's already in full swing. We go inside and start dancing and drinking with everyone else.

Somewhere through out the party Jace went to go do something. I was leaning against the wall when some guy started talking to me. I was looking for Jace when the guy pushed me up against the wall and kissed me. I put my hands on his chest to push him away. I wasn't strong enough to until I heard "Clary?..." I shoved the guy off and looked at Jace.

He looked angry. He turned around and stormed out of the house. I weaved through people and ran after him.

"Jace wait I-" he cut me off. "No! don't, I don't date cheaters, Clary!" He said angrily. I could feel tears running down my face. "What does that mean?" I asked reluctantly. "We're done." He said. I could see his eyes start watering. He turned around and walked away.

My heart was physically hurting. I just wanted to leave. The party wasn't far from my house so I took off my shoes and started walking.

He didn't even let me explain. My vision was very blurry from the tears but I managed to get home. When I opened the door I went straight to my room, and I stayed in there.

All night and all of Saturday. I could hear Jon knock on the door but I didn't answer. The only way he knew I was in here was because he could here my crying. He came in to bring me water but other than that I wouldn't let him in.

Izzy's pov-

On Sunday Jace, Alec and I were walking out of the house to go get lunch when Jon came storming up the driveway. He grabbed Jace's shirt collar. "What did you do to her?!" He practically screamed. "Woah, woah, chill out!" Alec and I separated them. "I'm not the one making out with other people at a party!" Jace yelled back.

"She hasn't left her room since she got home that night! You broke her Jace!" Jon said. "She's the one who messed it up." Jace said before walking away.

Clary's pov-

I got up Monday morning and put on a smile, a fake one, but nonetheless a smile. I got ready like normal.

I drove myself to school today and didn't think about it till I was walking in but....Jace's locker is right next to mine.

To be continued,
😘😘