Chapter 29

Wait to play the music.
Clary's pov-

Today was such an emotional day. Everyone was crying and goodbying. We signed yearbooks and left the place we called home for four-and in some cases five- years.

Jace had a meeting after school with his football coach, just to say thank you and goodbye. While he was in his meeting I figured I'd walk around the school. Everyone was gone by now besides a few staff members.

I started at the front doors, I leaned in the doorway remembering walking in here with Simon, freshman year. I walked to my freshman locker and leaned against it, remembering when I ran into jace. I walked into the algebra class which was the class where I met Izzy. I sat in the seats and remembered that day.

I went to the bleachers where we had cheered the boys on during football games. I went to the back hallway where Jace and I would occasionally sneak off too. I walked to the wall that I had painted a mural for the school on. I ran my finger along the wall as I walked, remembering how Jace had put red paint on my face and said I was his masterpiece.

I looked around and saw Jace leaning against the opposite wall looking at the mural too.

"If I had more paint, I could make you my masterpiece again." He said with a simple laugh. I walked over to him and he pulled me into his side.
"I'm gonna miss this place." I said sadly. "Me too, but it's ok because when we finish college, if we miss it that much we can come here to get married and raise our kids." He said with a smirk. "What if I don't want to marry you?" I said teasingly. "You will. Trust me." He said cockily.

We stood there for a little longer before we decided to go home. We got to his house and decide to watch a movie.

Izzy and Simon joined us at some point in the movie. Afterwards the boys started playing video games and Izzy and I talked.

"It's weird, ya know. I mean schools over and we're not even senior, we're just... nothing." She said. "I know but at least we can look forward to our vacation. The Bahamas! Yay!" I said excitedly.

I slept over that night because the next day was graduation. I was giving a speech today because the principal asked me to for some unknown reason. We got ready and took pictures and it was time. So we left. The beginning of the ceremony passed and we got our diplomas. Then it was time for my speech. I walked up on stage and started talking.

Play music

"I'm going to try to get through this without crying but I doubt I will so bare with me." I started. "When we first came here we were freshman starting a brand new chapter. Now as that chapter comes to an end we look back. We see the friends we made, the new people we met, and the new challenges that arose. We fought so many battles during those four years. Some won, some lost. But now we have those memories, those unforgettable memories that we can always carry with us. I can say for sure that I am going to miss everyone I have met." I was looking right at Jace now.

"All of our loved ones that we are saying goodbye to, or our friends that are going to be across the country or anyone we have to say goodbye to, we are going to miss you. Every thing we have been through together these past years will always be with us and we will cherish those times.

"As we move forward in our lives, we are going to keep facing challenges and battles but no matter what because of what we were taught here, we can handle it. Wherever your next step is, wether it be college, the military, a year off, traveling, straight into the work force, Good luck. This is it! Congratulations graduating class of 2016." I had been crying since the second line of my speech. We all moved our tassels and threw our caps into the air.

I quickly got off the stage and ran to Jace. He scooped me up into his arms and I hugged him tight.

"I love you so much, I'm never letting you go." He said quietly to me.

"Never." I replied.

Bye Angels,
😘😘