"I'm NOT getting pregnant," I yelled, playfully pushing her out of the way. I glance back at her. "You know you mess up a perfect brother-sister moment!!"

I could hear her laughing in the distance as I entered the kitchen. From the smell of the freshly baked cookies, I knew my mother was in one of her baking moods. She glances over at me and smiles.

"What are you and your sister fighting about?" she asked.

"She thinks I can get pregnant."

"Well, you do go in heat, so there is a very high chance you could," she said in a matter of fact before putting two cookies on a plate before placing it in front of me. "I'm not saying that it's one hundred percent, but the chances of getting pregnant are high. Even higher if someone claims you."

"I see all those packages in the foyer," changing the subject before biting into the cookie, "are they really for me?"

"Yes, those were from yesterday and today," she said as she places another patch of cookie dough into the oven. "The rest is in the dining room."

"What, you're joking!"

But her facial expression didn't show any signs of her joking in any way.

"There are some high ranking wolves in this pack that want you for their sons," she explains to me as she leans against the countertop. "Knowing that you have a white wolf, they're pulling all the stops to impress you. Even the alpha of this pack is sending you packages."

"Does the fact I'm a guy means anything?" taking another bite of my cookie, "and I doubt their sons are gay, so I'm not interested in being claim by a straight guy."

"Or by any guy for that matter," She added as she smile at me.

Suddenly, she took a black envelope out from her back pocket and slid it across the table to me. I look up at her. She had this concern look on her face. 

"And who is this from," I asked, looking down at the envelope, not wanting to touch it before I knew who it was from.

"The alpha, he hand delivered this to me," she stated as she looked at the envelope.

My throat dried up in seconds, and no water was going to quench it. The alpha himself hand-delivered this himself spelled out trouble.

"Maybe..." looking up at her with a faint smile, "what if I just don't open it, and this envelope just magically got lost?"

I wasn't too happy to get a envelope from the alpha himself. For him to hand delivered this himself was something that alphas normally don't do themselves. I was already getting a bad feeling it was something that was going to annoy me in some kind of way. By now is should be used to it.

"It can't be that bad," she said, not believing a word she just said. Frankly, neither did I. "Open it up."

I was just a little curious about what was in this black envelope. What was inside that the alpha himself delivered?

"Okay, I'll open it," I sigh in defeat to curiosity.

My heart began to race as I slowly opened the envelope. I felt like I was in the middle of deactivating a massive bomb. It can't be that bad, right?

Who am I kidding, this is the alpha I'm talking about, Jessie's father. If I'm right, the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree. He was trying to get his son and me together. I don't want anything to do with Jessie, let alone be with him for the rest of my life.

'Well, I do,' said my wolf, I could feel her excitement as she waits for me to open the envelope.

"Nobody asks you," I said out loud, ignoring the fact that my mother was standing right across the table. "You're the one that started this."

I pulled out the black card, and it screams out pure luxury. My name was written at the top in fancy gold lettering while the else was in a deep ruby red color. It was for an event that the alpha was having for some of the pack's elite and I was to attend.

"What does it say?"

I look up at her.

"It's an invitation, and it says that it's mandatory that I go," handing her the invitation. "The alpha seal is on there. Do I have to go?"

"It looks like it's a ball for the high ranking wolves of the pack, Pyro," looking back at me, somewhat in disbelief that it was happening to me. "the ball is tonight. The alpha will have someone pick you up at seven. "

"I'm not going," I told her, standing up, "Tell them I was still in heat or something."

"He would just use an Alpha Command to see if we're lying," she said, crossing her arms. 

"Well, I'm not going!"

"You have to. Besides, we all are invited as well," she said, pointing to the bottom of the invitation where it was clearing written they are invited. "So we will be there, right by your side. I do agree that it is probably a set up since your name is at the top."

"I'm going to feel like the last virgin standing in a room full horny wolves," I whined as I headed down the hall, "this has drama all over it!"

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.

And like always...

Thank you for reading!

-AJ Pharaoh