Asyari

2.

au

Valentine's Day.

It was a holiday that Sari wasn't particularly a fan of.

She was never one for romance.

Sari never experienced having a crush or a romantic connection with anyone before. Being the quiet tough butch girl of the school, no one ever really spoke to her, let alone have an attraction toward her.

Than Asylum Weaver came along.

They were close friends, but Sari always had these certain feelings around him.

She didn't understand what they were, or how to control them. She just pushed them aside, not letting them affect her.

But this particular holiday made it difficult to keep her feelings under control.

As soon as she stepped into the school yard, couples were clinging to each other, holding gifts and flowers.

She sighed, keeping her head down as she walked along the school yard.

It wasn't too long before she spotted her friend Asylum sitting against a tree upon a hill.

Managing a small smile, she stepped up to him, tapping him on the head to get his attention.

He looked up at her, "Oh, hey Sari..!"

"Morning!" Sidling down, she sat beside Asylum, glancing over to see him witnessing the numerous different couples.

"All this lovey Dovey stuff is kinda starting to suffocate me," Asylum chuckled weakly, making Sari's heart break a bit.

"I-I think it's all kinda cute..." Sari sheepishly mumbled, seeing Asylum's reaction as he smirked.

"Aww, I didn't think Sari, the big tough warrior, would be a sucker for romance."

"Says you, mr. I-kiss-the-floor-Eliza-walks-on."

Asylum blushed, "That only lasted a few days! Besides, I didn't know she had a boyfriend!"

Sari rolled her eyes, letting out a sad sigh, "Well, seems like everyone has a significant other today..."

Asylum picked up on the disappoint in her voice, "Well... Do you even like anyone?"

"I-... I don't even know anymore..." Sari brought her legs to her chest, blushing as she hid her face in her knees. "It doesn't seem like anyone would feel the same for me anyway..."

"Sari that's not true, you're beautiful and perfect and..." He trailed off, seeing look up at him with wide eyes.

Eventually the space was broken between them, and Sari had crashed her lips against his, surprising him as he landed on his back.

Meanwhile, Sara and her demon companion watched from behind a nearby tree.