Asyari

It had been a long day for the man as he walked upon the waterside, enjoying the view of the sunset as he walked alone. Well, he wasn't completely alone, venturian had somehow returned.

It had been four years since he had heard his voice. Asylum wasn't the same young boy he was when he last heard him. No, he was much more worn down.

He couldn't even remember how he ended up here, in this completely new and strange world. Surprisingly, the people were fairly nice and followed him around from time to time, but it wasn't the same...

None of them were her....

All of his friends, all of his companions, they were just gone, vanished away along with his memories.

The last thing he could remember is her face, as they stood by the water beneath the stairs, their faces lit by the full moon.

Fresh warm tears rolled down his face each time as he recalled that one last memory, and his body grew numb with despair.

Sari...

He missed her so much. It slowly killed him each day, knowing that he may never see her face ever again, and he will never know what had happened to her. She could be alive or...

He shook his head, wiping the tears away from his face as he sunk to the ground, sitting down upon the sandy grass.

No, he refused to think like that.

Looking into the sea, he watched as the sun went down, the cool ocean breeze making him shiver.

That was until a soft warm hand was gently placed upon his shoulder, causing him to jump as he quickly turned to look at who was behind him.

His eyes wondered at the sight.

A tall woman looked at him, her skin as pale as the white sand, and her hair black as night.

But her face, her face looked scarcely familiar...

He was just hallucinating.

He just looked up at her, watching her as she stares back at him for a short second, before letting out a shaky gasp, and taking a few steps back in horror.

"No... N-No, you couldn't be..." She spoke, her voice sharing the same familiar feeling down his spine.

Standing up, he faced her, making eye contact with her.

Those eyes... Dark and familiar... Deeper than the sea...

No! It was impossible.

He blinked, looking at her with a confused expression, "Are you alright miss..?"

"Asylum..."

The quiet call of his name as she croaked made his heart race.

He blankly stared at her, his lip quivering, "You know me..?"

His eyes widened at the sudden flow of tears the suddenly rushed down her face, as he looked at him with pleading eyes.

"I-I'm so sorry..."

Feeling as if he was going to brake down, he just sighed as he looked away from her, not being able to look at her without feeling the pain of who he has lost.

"Ma'am...Unless you really need me for something, I'd appreciate being left alone right now."

The woman looked at him, letting out a couple soft sobs, before rushing of, leaving the pirate alone in the darkness of the night, and the emptiness he felt within himself that he had grown to live with for the past couple of weeks.