You're not alone... You never will be

Her knees were huddled to her chest, the early morning breeze whisking through camp, causing sleeping faces to scrunch up in protest. She watched all this through tear stained eyes, red circles danced on her skin and her eyelashes drooped solemnly downwards, almost as if they too were huddling away from the cold.

It was the earliest morning she had woken in awhile, the sun still asleep behind the trees and the silver glow of stars allowed her to make out the familiar shapes around her.

If she was home... Her home, the farm with all its fields, cattle, trees to climb and sister and father... Safe, she was sure she'd be outside now, laying with her family on the overgrown grass, allowing small piles of hay to act as pillows beneath their sleepy heads, and they'd wonder again why did we come out so early? But as they'd peer to the stars and trace tiny fingers over constellations, they'd remember and they suddenly wouldn't be tired anymore.

Her fingers wiped her eyes, fingers that should've been tracing constellations, or holding hands with her father and sister, listening wistfully as she learnt the stories behind the stars... But they're gone... They're gone and she can't let go.

Teary eyes turned, the click of a torch roused her from her tainted thoughts and her face watched as a figure slowly ascended the small earth mound she was perched on.

She had the urge to run, hide herself away deep in the woods, live on her own... Never have to lose someone again.

She didn't want Glenn to be next to her. His breath warmed her and his presents made her heart race. She had been distancing herself... He knew that. She didn't want it to hurt that bad when... If he went too.

But she stayed, watching the stars above and letting their infinite beauty wash her away from this scary world.

Glenn sat too, uttering nothing, staring ahead of himself and waited...

Finally the silence was too much, tension lay between her and the words about to be said, so she did so with little ease, almost choking on them on the way out.

"What are you doing?"

No reply, only the wind whispering in hast and what it said made more tears fall.

"Why did you follow me?"

"Why did you half to ask?"

Maggie was taken aback... "Wha-"

"Why are you pushing me away?"

"I-I can't do this anymore... And-"

"Let me help you?" Glenn cautiously wrapped an arm around her shoulder, her fragile form enveloping into his arms and his gentle sigh whisking her into pleasure... If only for a second before reality bleared in on her again and her muscles contracted and her form tensed and her face rolled with tears once more.

Glenn softly spoke, "you know... I had a younger sister?"

"N-no." Maggie allowed her tears to dribble onto the cotton of Glenn's top, still staring intently at the sky.

"She was probably around Beth's age," at the mention of Beth, Maggie froze and Glenn's warm hand ran rings on her back. "She didn't make it out... At least I don't think so... She was staying in one of the worst hit areas and I can remember ringing and ringing her phone but never getting a reply..."

"I'm sorry..."

"I'm not telling you so you can be sorry for me..." Glenn shifted slightly and pointed his free arm into the sky. "Whenever I had free time, especially at night I'd peer up into the sky, at night I'd open up the corner of my tent and somehow the sky seemed brighter, as if she was watching over me, and I'd paint her in the sky... I'd tell her I loved her and... When I first met you she was the first person I told how amazing you were, she helped give me advice... Not here." Glenn motioned to his mouth and head, "but here," now his heart.

Maggie stayed silent, allowing Glenn's words to fill her as she watched the reddening sky above.

"I think Beth's up there too... And your dad and mum and Otis and Lori and I think they're all looking out for you and I'm sure that Beth's being looked after and I know that her and my sister are great friends, they're still with us Maggie and they're oh so proud of you just how I'm so, so proud of you..."

Maggie smiled for the first time in a long time, "I miss them..."

"And they miss you... But you're strong and brave and ever so kind and you will make it through, for me and for them..."

"I love you Glenn Rhee and your sister loves you too..."

..................

A/N

Hey... Sorry, long time no see, I've been soooooo busy you won't believe! I want to put a permanent ban on school XD

Anyway I hope you liked this so leave a like and a comment!! I dunno how I got this idea it just happened :) 💚💚💚💚💚