Just kiss the girl 2/2

Maggie smiled as she waved her hand towards the small blue car escaping the gates of Alexandria, of course she was gonna miss them, they were her family, but she knew they'd be ok, knew that they were the best people to send out there and there was nothing to worry about.

She turned her head, catching Glenn's eye and reaching for his hand. They lead each other through Alexandria, the morning air frosting over the dewy grass and winter wind bit softly at their cheeks, "it's beautiful..." Maggie's fingers ran along the green leaves of the only evergreen bush in the area, smiling at the way the leaves would bounce back to where they originally stood.

"It is..." Glenn spoke softly and Maggie felt as if he too was part of the wintry scene, his hand soft in hers a final reminder that he was hers.

"I have an idea!" Maggie dragged Glenn over to the frosty lake, careful not to slip on the invisible ice lining the ground. Every puddle had frozen over and the lake was no different, and from what Maggie could see the ice was thick too, thick enough to stand on.

It was her who made the first step, cautiously feeling for any precarious sections of frozen water, her boot was almost firmly on the top of the ice when she peered up to Glenn already walking to the centre of the lake.

"What are you waiting for?"

The ice was hard enough and Maggie was already halfway to Glenn, her footing carful but quick as she almost skidded across the film, but it was at this halfway mark where her foot finally did slip, the bang was loud and Glenn immediately ran to her, skidding to a stop in front of her on his knees.

"You ok?"

"Fine..." Maggie lifted her head and peered up at Glenn, "never was the best at iceskating..."

His chuckled reached Maggie's ears and she was pleased that her little escapade didn't scare Glenn too much. Her fingers reached for his hand as he attempted to pull her up, but the grip on his boots had worn off a long time ago and there was another thud as the slippery ground claimed yet another victim, Glenn fell to the ground and pulled Maggie onto him, groaning slightly from the impact but not being able to hide the small smirk as he saw Maggie peering down at him.

"You ok down there?"

"Fine..." Glenn half expected Maggie to stand, wipe the broken ice from her jeans and get back to walking across the lake, but instead she stayed still, not moving from her laying position on Glenn.

"Why did it take us this long?" Her voice was almost uncaring, like she didn't really want to hear the answer as she had now finally got what she wanted, what they both wanted but she couldn't stop the words forming on her lips, her mind too preoccupied with the thought of what if... That she couldn't just brush it away.

"I think... Deep down, we always were together..." Glenn hesitated, worried that it wasn't the right answer. Anxiety shot through him as he wondered whether he had just completely creeped Maggie out.

"Hmmm... I guess you're kinda right, I never saw myself in a relationship with anyone and I think that's because you were the only one for me... But we're together now." She pecked him briefly on the lips, before leaning back in again to reclaim them, she'd decided the first time they touched that she would never get used to it, never get used to the sparks that would fly between them, even when their hands brushed together there was this this overwhelming sense of comfort and now that they were kissing the intense feeling only grew.

After what felt like forever, Maggie sat up, peering at the dull sky, the sun was hidden from view behind large dark clouds, occupying most of the sky, "we should head back..." Maggie nodded but still didn't move, her eyes back towards Glenn, scanning his features as if she was memorising every part of his face.

Everything felt so natural between them.

"Ok Maggie, my bums gone numb."

She peeled herself from his body and shivered slightly as she stood, a chilly breeze combing through her hair as she waited for Glenn to stand.

"You wanna head home?" Maggie nodded quickly, wrapping her arms around herself at an attempt to try to keep the cool air from freezing her.

Glenn's arm fell around her shoulder, gripped her hand in the process while they walked... Everything was so amazingly normal.

How did they deny this love for so long?

.....................

A/N

SORRY! A) I know it's sooooo late and I'm really sorry and B) I know it's not very well written or long but yeah... Please still like and leave comments :)
💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚