Have you got me? 2/2

A serine sort of silence fell over the car. The only noise heard at all throughout the journey was Daryl's directions to Rick every now and then. Nobody needed to utter a word.

Michonne looked over to Glenn and smiled at the way he was softly scanning over his wife's features as if to make sure she was really in his grasp. Her head lay on a balled up blanket place delicately over Glenn's chest. Her breathing was slow and faint but it was there, Glenn had to conceal a sob as, in her sleep, Maggie curled her fingers around his hand.

........................

The first night back. The first night Maggie had slept in a proper bed for weeks. The first night she didn't have to be fearful of her life... But she was and that was why Glenn found the bed empty, the room empty.

A small glare of the bathroom light escaped under the door seeming a million times brighter in the dead of night and, as he reached for his small pocket watch lying neatly on his bedside table and looked quickly at the time (3:47), he heard a quiet sob from the adjacent room.

Pushing himself up from the bed and quietly shuffling to the door, he gripped the handle tightly and entered the bathroom. His face fell sympathetic when his vision caught the sight of Maggie, huddled up on the floor, her knees curled up to her face and her cries being gently muffled in them.

"Mag-" her startled face cut Glenn off and she quickly sniffled and wiped her eyes on her sleeve, trying desperately to compose herself.

"You-I did-didn't want to, wanna wake you," her soft hiccup at the end told Glenn that she had been in here for awhile.

He kicked himself internally, why did I think she'd be fine? Why didn't I realise that she'd just been through hell? Why didn't I protect her? Why didn't I wake up?... Why didn't she wake me up? The last thought scared Glenn a bit, but he took in a deep breath and placed his worries to the side for this moment, not wanting to create more trauma for his wife.

He softly got down on his knees opposite her and reached a hand out slowly, taking it back the minute she flinched away. "So-sorry..." He muttered.

The hurt in his eyes almost tore a hole in Maggie, but somehow she couldn't explain that it was a natural reflex, something that she had picked up after that murderous night.

She let out another sob to which Glenn acted on, standing up rapidly and moving to the cupboard and grabbing a handful of toilet roll, offering it cautiously to Maggie, who took it gratefully, letting out another cry at his actions, somehow finding them calming.

"Maggie... How... How long have you been awake?" His eyes held real concern, making it near impossible for Maggie to lie, not that she was going to.

"Hours..." Her voice was small compared to his and a colossal silence fell upon them after her one word.

"Why...?"

"I didn't want to upset you." Her sobs had dyed down slightly now but her eyes still held a watery film that made Glenn sick to his stomach.

After getting no reply from her husband she elaborated, "I-I'm scared... Of Negan and I'm meant to be strong, I'm meant to fight and you shouldn't have to comfort me... I'm worried I'm getting weak... And I'm worried you'll..." Maggie took a breath before continuing, "I'm worried you'll leave me because-because I'm pathetic and then I'll be on my own with a child and I want you-" she started getting worked up, going back to sobbing into her knees.

Glenn stood up, a concerned look crossing his features before he left the room. He came back a moment later with something small pressed into his palm.

"You see this?" He held the object out to Maggie who just nodded in reply, "he gave me this, he trusted me with something that meant so much to him, trusted me to look after it, keep it safe and fix it when it was broken, he gave it to me because he believed I'd give it a home... But he also gave you to me for the same reasons. The day your father gave me this watch was the day your father gave me you." He sighed and gave a hint of a smile, "by accepting this watch meant that I was telling him that I would look after you, I would keep you safe and I would fix you when you were broken and Maggie, I accepted it because you can always find a home in me... Just like my home is in you. Let me fix you... I don't care how long it takes, let me fix you because you always promise to fix me."

Glenn saw Maggie's irises once again covered with a layer of water and as one tear rolled from her cheek, she pressed her lips together and nodded, falling deeply into Glenn's loving grasp.

....................

The small boy lay in the couples tangled arms, his face the image of Glenn's and the hair the shade of Maggie's, he was asleep then but if he were awake, the couple would've seen the bright green eyes he had, blinking softly up at them.

Hershel Dale Abraham Rhee. The newest member of the family and the final piece Maggie needed to fix her broke heart.

....................

A/N

Hey hope you all liked that sorry if it was awful but I tried my best as I'm currently juggling writing with revision 🙄 so yeah hopefully I'll update sometime but if I don't I'll have to wait until the Christmas holidays which are about two and a half weeks away.
I have 11 very important exams before then which are so annoying but I'll try my best please like and leave a comment :)
💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚