Talents

Maggie groaned, "can't sleep either?" Glenn questioned rolling over to face her, she shook her head into the pillow before sitting up to face him.

"I'm not even tired..." Glenn pulled the covers off from around his waist and put his and out for Maggie to hold.

"Come with me... I know what we can do." She took it, giving Glenn a suspicious look before smirking at him and following him out of their room.

"Where are we going?" Glenn said nothing, leading her into the cool night air, the moon lit a clear path for them and the dim lights from the watch posts allowed them to quietly go about Alexandria without much hassle.

He took her to the large stretch of grass bordering the lake of Alexandria and took ahold of Maggie's waist, "what are you doing?" She chuckled quietly and watched Glenn's gentle movements.

"I'm gonna teach you how to dance..." He trailed off smiling slightly at Maggie, delighted to see a gleeful spark light up her irises.

"You never told me you could dance!"

"My mum made me go to ballroom lessons when I was five and I just never left... Well until I was sixteen and had enough stress from school to deal with." He smirked as he could see Maggie was clearly impressed, "still I would say I'm pretty good..." He laughed again as Maggie lightly whacked him on the shoulder.

"Teach me then," and he did, showing her how to step carefully over and how to stand straight.

He stood behind her and bought his hands slowly into hers, sighing deeply into her hair, "you're a natural," he kissed her lightly before twirling her around, "wanna start on the lifts?"

"The- I can't-"

"Sure you can, look all you have to do is trust me... Can you do that?" Maggie hesitated for a moment before nodding, "ok I'm gonna hold your waist like this... Alright?" His hands lightly fell to her hip and carefully gripped them, "I've got you... I won't let you fall... I promise," he whispered the last part.

Sucking in a small breath, he lifted her above his head and laughed loudly at the noises from her mouth, half fearful and half delight. As he lowed her, she wrapped her legs around his waist, and arms around his neck. She leaned in slowly, waiting for him to meet her, and he did, they kissed delicately and, when they pulled back, Maggie lay her head tiredly on his shoulder, "thanks..." She paused to yawn before continuing, "I'm actually tired now... Take me home Glenn." He nodded, supporting her lovingly and carrying her back through the streets before he kicked open the door, while listening to the familiar sound of her breathing.

He knew she was asleep by the time he opened the door and lay her down gently on the bed, "night, night Maggie... Sleep well." She murmured something that was undistinguishable before rolling into Glenn's arms and breathing quietly again.

Every night, before they settled into bed, they would drag each other to the waters edge and dance, rain or shine. And if one was on watch then the other would climb up to the post and dance with them up there.

..........

"Have you got any hidden talents?" Glenn inquired, tracing small circles on Maggie's palm.

"Maybe," she teased, "I didn't really have time to take up anything like you did, I mean I was always helping out on the farm."

"Come on, there must be something," Glenn took hold of both her hands and gave her the best puppy dog eyes he could.

"Fine..." She looked down at their hands before continuing, "I used to play the violin."