Sports Day

"Come on!"

"Wait? You're not seriously going to this thing are you?" Maggie nodded tightly gripped to Glenn's hand.

"Come on, it'll be fun!"

Glenn sighed, eventually pushing himself up from the chair and following Maggie down to where the rest of Alexandria were gathered.

Abraham was stood at the front of the gathering clutching small lengths of rope, handing them out to people as he explained what they were going to be doing, "now... This is the first competition and I don't want to see anyone shoving or whatever... Everyone find a partner, it's time for the three legged race."

"Abraham, I think it'd be best if we went together, your height plus my stance would propel us to the finish line..." Eugene was cut off before he finished.

"You wanna get on my bad side again? I'm not going with you," Abraham made a big act of going over to Sasha and tying their legs together so Eugene could see.

"Hey Mags wanna go with me?" Glenn asked holding the rope out towards her. She tied it around their legs before standing back up and facing Glenn.

"If you make us loose... You're seriously gonna wish you weren't my husband." Her stern expression bore into him before she gave him a sweet smile and pecked him gently on the lips.

"Everyone please get in line, we're racing from here to the pond... On your marks!"

Everyone hobbled onto the starting line.

"Get set!"

"GO!"

The pairs ran, (limped) over the grass, many falling and blaming there partner.

Glenn and Maggie were in the lead but Rosita and Tara were closing in on them. "GLENN! FASTER!"

Glenn bit down on his lip and tried accelerating, they were nearing the finish line, Judith, in ricks arms, waving a small flag.

Rosita and Tara crossed the finish line with Glenn and Maggie.

"And it's a draw!" Rick yelled.

"DRAW!" Judith repeated gleefully jumping in Ricks arms as the rest the pairs crossed the line.

SPLASH

Everyone who heard the splash turned towards the pond to see both Glenn and Maggie come to the surface covered in pond weed.

Maggie gave him stern glare before reaching under the water and untying their legs, "you did that on purpose!"

"Err no, I just lost balance... Anyway I didn't make us loose!" Glenn threw his hands down in frustration, accidentally splashing Maggie.

"GLENN!" Maggie turned to face him kicking a load of water in his direction.

"Maggie mine was an accident!"

"Yeah well you still splashed me!"

The rest of Alexandria were still watching, amused by the scene.

"I'm sorry Maggie," Glenn went towards her and attempted to hug her.

"Glenn, I'm not hugging you, I know you're gonna do something like push me under the water." Maggie told him backing further into the depths of the water.

Glenn then dived under the water, making Maggie panic, she glared through the ripples, trying to catch a glimpse of her husband. She stood still until she felt cold hands wrap around her waist, "see I'm not gonna throw you under," Maggie wrapped her arms around his neck.

"You got me wet," she giggled wrapping her legs around his waist and letting him carry her through the water, "so just for that I'm gonna do this," she grabbed her hair and rung it out over his head.

"Ok... I guess I deserved that."

"We need to find Abraham, he said there were prizes for the winners," Maggie excitedly announced as Glenn put her down on dry land.

"Ok, but don't you think we should probably get dry first?" Glenn told her as he wrapped and arm around her shivering shoulders.

"Nope," she replied popping the P, and guided them both in the direction of Abraham.

..................

So this is probably the worst thing ever... I really need prompts... Please give me prompts!

This idea came to me while watching the Olympics (😂) please comment and like 💚💚💚💚💚

(Don't forget to comment or message prompts... Please! Thank you!)