Sunshine

Glenn darted his eyes from side to side in the dark room he shared with his wife in Alexandria.

His fingers gently traced circles onto Maggie's stomach as he tried desperately not to wake her... It was no use.

"Glenn what are you doing?" Maggie murmured as she placed her hand over Glenn's, "I'm trying to sleep."

Glenn continued to trace circles into Maggie's stomach, "you know how beautiful you are?"

Maggie sighed and slowly ruffled Glenn's hair, "you're lucky you're so cute." A smile crept across both of their faces.

Silence quickly fell over them. The small circles once traced by Glenn soon faded and they found their lips connected in a loving kiss.

"You think we can go to sleep now?" Maggie inquired gently as she ran her fingers through her husbands hair.

"One more thing..." Glenn trailed off before carefully shuffling down the bed so he was in direct view of Maggie's small pregnancy bump.

He placed a light kiss to her stomach before lacing his and Maggie's fingers together and humming a small tune into his lips.

Eventually the humming volume increased until it soon turned into familiar calming words making Maggie settle back into her pillow and listening intently to the soft lyrics running from Glenn's lips.

"You are my sunshine..."

Glenn placed one hand on his wife's stomach, again tracing small patterns but instead of circles, this time his heart took control and little love hearts erupted from Glenn's fingers and onto Maggie's abdomen.

"My only sunshine..."

Maggie's eyes gradually shut as Glenn continued his soft lullaby to their unborn baby.

"You make me happy... When sky's are grey..."

Slowly Glenn's voice faded from Maggie's ears and a confused expression developed on her face, "Why you stopping?"

"I thought you wanted to sleep?" A smirk crept on to Glenn's lips.

"Well now I don't... I want you to sing to me..." Maggie laced her other hand with Glenn's and dragged him up the bed so she was looking lovingly into his eyes that looked lovingly back.

"Oh really? Well in that case," Glenn dipped down and connected their lips before pulling Maggie into an embrace and tucking her hair gently behind her ear as he whisper singed into it.

"You'll never know dear, how much I love you..."

Glenn tightly held Maggie in his arms and Maggie looped her hands around his throat, carefully stroking the short hair at the nape of his neck.

"Please don't take..."

"I love you..." Maggie sighed into her husbands cheek and felt a calming smile form on his face.

"My..."

They both felt overwhelming senses of love for the other. Even if they couldn't quite make out each other in the darkness of the night.

"Sunshine..."

"I love it when you sing to me and our child..." Maggie admitted and watched as the next words to the song formed on Glenn's lips, the lips she desperately wanted to kiss and show how much she actually cared for him.

"Away..."

With the last words muttered Maggie felt familiar feelings tingle through her body, starting from her lips. Glenn soon drew away and wiped wisps of her hair from her face. "Don't stop."

With that Glenn linked their lips together again, communicating with her... Confessing how much he truly cared and loved her through this simple action.

They calmly drew away from one another and rested their foreheads together, Glenn, again tracing circles on Maggie's stomach, pulled her closer to him, slowly resting her head on his chest and watching as she was gently lulled to sleep by the repetitive thud of his heart and the continuous kisses he would carefully and protectively place on her cheeks and forehead.

Please don't take my sunshine away...

.............................

A/N

Hey, so this is one of my worst chapters, sorry I just wanted a happier story compared to the last one I did, I hope you enjoyed it anyway :)

Please let me know if you have story or sing requests as either will really help progress this story forward... Thanks please like and comment what you thought :).