Take my hand

Glenn slowly traipsed into the shared cell he had with Maggie. He had no idea of what to do, usually he'd be at a committee meeting or maybe sorting out one of the many problems that running a community like this had to offer but right this minute nothing presented itself to him and for that he was both relieved and annoyed.

He made his way to the far side of the cell where a guitar leant up against one of the dingy walls him and Maggie had so desperately scrubbed. His fingers wrapped around the neck of the instrument and as he sat back on the bed his hands strummed out random chords as he got used to the feeling of having a guitar to play for the first time since the farm.

His fingers traced the patterns on the body of the instrument until he came across a small engraving the previous owner must have tattooed it with, a small: D lay engraved on the surface. Glenn stared at the wooded indentation and thought back to Dale. The man who gave him his first guitar, the man who had acted as a father to him, gave him reassuring words, praise and all together fatherly love that Glenn was convinced he didn't deserve but Dale thought otherwise and persisted to love Glenn up until his dying breath. As Glenn traced over the letters for what must have been the fourth or fifth time his mind was spiralled and he realised that Dale didn't love him until his dying breath but he continued to love Glenn long after that; this guitar was a symbol of that.

Carefully, Glenn positioned the instrument in the correct position and played a small chord progression, one of the only ones he could remember.

Minutes later Maggie came to the cell door and wistfully took in the sight of her husband's gentle strumming, "Whatcha doin?"

Glenn didn't reply; only watched as her feet kicked the riot gear underneath the tiny bed.

"Wise men say... Only fools rush in..." Glenn softly sang, still staring at Maggie, her face creased with a loving smile and her body relaxed against the doorframe of the cell.

"But I can't help... Falling in love with you..." The familiar melody sent Maggie back to her childhood, back to when the only thing she cried about was whether she would be allowed to go to the play ground or if they were going to have her favourite meal for dinner, back to when her mother would softly sing those soothing words to her as she cradled the upset Maggie in her arms. "Shall I stay?... Would it be a sin?" Glenn placed the guitar on the bed and continued singing the sweet melody, "Cause I can't help... Falling in love with you..."

Glenn was inches away from Maggie as he carried on, "Take my hand..." With those words muttered he cupped Maggie's hand in his, the same way he had done when the simplest and most important question was asked, "Take my whole life too..." Maggie pulled Glenn into an emotional hug, her head lay resting on his shoulder; they both Gently rocked from side to side, in a kind of slow dance fashion.

"Cause I can't help..." Maggie slowly echoed as her head drew away from him. Their lips were millimetres apart, Glenn's strong arms held Maggie in place as she slowly grazed her lips over his. She willed the second to last a lifetime; the kiss to go on to eternity.

When they drew away for air both their forehead's relaxed onto the other's. their soft arms tangled tighter around the other, "Falling in love with you..." Both of them finished, completely overcome with the love they felt for the each other.
..................
Hey, this is the twenty one pilots version of I can't help falling in love with you, originally by Elvis. So I got bored and decided to write this, this book is gonna be one shots m, mostly based off songs but they won't all be, if you have any song requests please ask, I will do any songs and I will make each story different, hope you enjoy:) please like and comment!!