Have you got me? 1/2

At the end of the world, with dead walking among them, it was the humans that we're finally starting to break her. They took her whole family away.

She knew Glenn wasn't dead, knew he'd be trying to get her back but she also knew it was unlikely they'd ever see each other again. And that made it worse. The darkness only gave her the excuse to think and thinking tore her world apart.

A gentle knock at the door woke her from her uncomfortable slumber. A knock that gave the false impression it bought hope and love. A knock that tricked her mind into a fake sense of being saved. And when he peered around the frame and stared at her, cradling herself in the corner an 'A' spray painted onto her jumper, his smile also lulled her into this false sense of security, that maybe, just maybe, he'd save her this time.

His voice however, was harsh and immediately broke her fragile hope. "Eat." Then the darkness took over again. A sandwich made from God knows what thrust into her lap. She hadn't eaten any of the food they'd previously given her, she didn't want to follow any of the saviours orders, not even ones that may save her life. But today she realised, she couldn't put her child's life in jeopardy just for her own peace of mind.

She never knew what time of day it was. It was always night time for her. The darkness of the room maybe even blacker than the night sky. There were no stars in this prison for her to look at. She couldn't smile up at the small lights in the gleaming blackness, naming them with her husband and laughing at his stupid jokes. She couldn't lay in the soft grass surrounding the water of Alexandria in his arm while he placed soft kisses to her scalp and traced tiny patterns along her arm, not any more.

And then the door opened again, "oh well, well, I see you've eaten today missy. Good thing too I'm sure you'd've hated your punishment if you hadn't." The cackles of the enemy made her cringe and before she could reply, not that she was going to, they dragged her from her cave. Her battered body trailing along behind the men.

And then they stopped. An office lay before her, old papers on the desk and a clock in the shelf that no longer ticked. It was barely touched by the saviours, save for the few guns that lay strewn across the newly polished floor.

"You're Maggie right?" Negan stuck out his hand to the women, growing visibly impatient with each second that she didn't return the gesture. "Look, I've been reasonable here, I've given you food, patched you up and heck I've not let any walker near you. Are you seriously going to be this rude?"

She stood still, eyes staring right into his. Of course she was scared but she wouldn't show it, wouldn't let him beat her.

Negan's fist wrapped around his bat tighter. "You really want to aggravate me again? Did. You. Not. See where that left your group last time?"

"You know I'm a reasonable guy and if you do not shake my hand, well we're gonna punish you... Seem fair?" He stuck out his hand towards her again and this time Maggie's shaking fingers gripped his.

"Now, that's what I'm talking about!" His followers cackled but Negan wouldn't let go of Maggie's hand, squeezing it tighter before, "I'm gonna need you to say please..."

The woman gritted her teeth together, suppressing the pain before a panted sigh was released, "please..." Her voice was weak and hoarse from refusing to speak to anyone. But he continued to squeeze before he heard a small crack.

"Mean it!"

"Please Negan!" Her tone was higher now and when he let her go she cradled her fist to her, glaring up at her tormentor.

"Good job Dwight, she's coming along well." He looked to his followers, "get her to the doc," a couple men took her from the room, almost dragging her through the corridors and the last she heard uttered from Negan's mouth was, "she's gonna be real easy to train."