Hammock

Glenn started to pick up his pace as he wondered the streets of Alexandria, desperate to get back to his house he shared with some of his family. After what he would call a successful run he was excited to show Maggie one thing in particular.

He finally reached his front door and as soon as he entered the threshold he was tackled into a hug by Maggie, when she finally loosened her arms from his neck, she rested her lips firmly on his.

"God I missed you!" She told him after they pulled away from each other.

"I missed you too," Glenn replied and took Maggie's hand as he entered their lounge to be greeted by Tara and Sasha who were getting ready for their guard duty of the day.
.......

Everyone finally left and Maggie and Glenn were alone. "What's that?" Maggie asked gesturing to the bag in his right hand.

"Wait and see," Glenn replied a smile plastered on his face and he dragged Maggie out to their back garden.

He then emptied the contents on the grass and lay it down between the only two trees in the garden. "Oh, Glenn, where did you get it?" Maggie gasped and wrapped her arms around her husbands neck.

"On the run, we went into an old junk shop that hadn't been touched and I saw this, I guess hammocks aren't really high on the list of priorities when it comes to the end of the world but I thought it might be fun," Glenn replied obviously over joyed with his wife's reaction.

Both of them lifted different ends and tied the ropes tightly around the trees, the hammock hanging evenly between them. "It's perfect," Maggie told him and and ran her fingers gently over the ropes.

Glenn slowly got on and without hesitation lay back and shut his eyes, A
Few seconds later he sat up and reached out for Maggie's hand, almost tipping the whole hammock but quickly steadying himself, Maggie stifled a laugh but soon composed herself and let Glenn pull her over to him.

Maggie then turned around and Glenn pulled her onto his lap and rocked them gently for a few seconds before lowering himself and Maggie down, Maggie laying her head on his chest and their legs intertwined in a knot, Glenn's arms tightly around Maggie's shoulders and back.

Glenn then proceeded to untangle one of his legs from the knot and place it on the floor, Maggie stirred a little but was so exhausted that she drifted calmly off to sleep in Glenn's embrace. He then started to slowly swing the hammock a little with his foot, making Maggie bury her head deep into Glenn's chest and rest her left hand on his right shoulder.

Glenn looked down at the sleeping girl in his arms, his sleeping girl, and smiled to himself, still gently rocking the hammock back and forth, carefully he leaned down and kissed the top of Maggie's head and stroked her soft hair, he then sighed contently to himself and held Maggie even tighter in his arms.

God he missed her when he was away from her, even for the shortest amount of time, they were two half's of a whole and the safest feeling in the world to either of them was when they were wrapped in each other's arms.

..............

Heyyyy so this is bad but please still like and comment I love reading what you put as well
as receiving likes... anyway this is something I wrote a while back... if you have any prompts please let me know as I would love to hear them... 💚💚

Also if you guys could go and check out my new story I'm doing with a friend on a new shares account of ours that would be really great and I'd appreciate it a lot.
Account: ZCTWDFanfic
Story: Walking with the dead